Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the Belfast house show tonight and the Miz faced off against Kofi (which Kofi won with another botched Trouble in Paradise). When he entered he got a great reception with a fair proportion of the crowd chanting "Miz is awesome" etc but promptly seized a mic and lambasted the crowd for cheering for whoever had been chokeslamming or attacking him in recent weeks. He gave it the whole "really? I'm awesome?" thing "Really? Really? Really? You people make me sick, I don;t need you people blah blah blah".

Not having had a lot of experience at house shows (maybe since I was about16 which was 10 years ago) so I'm wondering is this him "practicing" for a heel turn? Or is it merely a way of attracting fast heat for his bout with Kofi? I was of the opinion that house shows were used for experimenting things. Like last year I went along to one when Ziggler was feuding with Cena and he was trying out a superkick as a finisher. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
He was working fine as a babyface. His purpose was to do jobs to heels and he and Orton actually had a couple decent tv matches. Turning heel won't help him, imo, because there's no sense he'd be able to go higher one the card as a heel. I don't see him getting more than random the contender for ic/us title of the month hell type booking.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I'd much rather see Randy Orton Vs The Miz than The Big Show.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I think I speak for the majority when I say....nobody cares about miz

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I think if they turn him again it needs to be part of a major angle with him getting some major heat for doing so. There is no point turning him again just to suddenly start getting cheap heat by slandering the crowd and the hometown. Whether he is or not WWE should book him like he is important to the WWE. His face run has been a total disaster and unmemorable and his heel turn needs to have something big about it. He certainly has the potential because I would put The Miz in the TOP 10 all time heels because the amount of heat he got in 2010-2011 was immense and so much so that it made him the number one heel in the company and got him to winning in the Main Event of Wrestlemania.

But in all seriousness I really couldn't care less about The Miz.

·
Registered
802 Posts
He was working fine as a babyface. His purpose was to do jobs to heels and he and Orton actually had a couple decent tv matches. Turning heel won't help him, imo, because there's no sense he'd be able to go higher one the card as a heel. I don't see him getting more than random the contender for ic/us title of the month hell type booking.
Are you implying that just because he can't move up the card, a heel turn 'won't help him'? Not everybody can be in the main-event, and there's nothing wrong with Miz sitting in the midcard. Raw needs main-eventers, upper and lower midcarders, jobbers, tag teams etc.

If a heel turn gets him more of a reaction, and maybe even some more tv time (regardless of his position on the card), I'd consider that to be 'helping him'. I honestly don't think babyface was working for him because nobody seems to really care about him right now. He works much better as a heel imo.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
Are you implying that just because he can't move up the card, a heel turn 'won't help him'? Not everybody can be in the main-event, and there's nothing wrong with Miz sitting in the midcard. Raw needs main-eventers, upper and lower midcarders, jobbers, tag teams etc.

If a heel turn gets him more of a reaction, and maybe even some more tv time (regardless of his position on the card), I'd consider that to be 'helping him'. I honestly don't think babyface was working for him because nobody seems to really care about him right now. He works much better as a heel imo.
:lenny

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
Nah he is good on the mic...have him heel it up, and get his ass kicked like a proper heel.

I'd rather see MIZ in a fued with John Cena for the WHC over ADR ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.