Wrestling Forum banner

Miz headlining Wrestlemania??

2345 35
Mental, but very happy for him and with the idea, if in fact it happens.

It's clear that Del Rio will be challenging for the Smackdown title, presumably against Edge. Now I assume Del Rio will win, and they rarely end Mania with a heel win. Even if Edge wins, I can't see them putting that match on last; firstly, as cemnted a main eventer as Edge is, I just don't think he's got the momentum at the moment to headline over say Cena.

So that leaves us with the Raw title to headline Mania. No way is Miz losing it to Lawler at EC so he has to be the champion going in. Right? If Cena is his opponent, he's tried and tested in the Mania main event.

So there's only one outcome I can see.............AWESOME.

Apologies if this has been covered already.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
5,662 Posts
What I don't understand is how the WWE expects us to believe for one second Miz has even the slightest chance of beating Cena, considering just last year John made fucking Dave Batista tap out. Just look at the list of names he's beaten at Mania: Big Show, JBL, Triple H, HBK, and Edge (already mentioned The Animal). Miz is so screwed, but that actually makes me happy since he is such an embarrassment to the WWE Title.

· Registered
410 Posts
What I don't understand is how the WWE expects us to believe for one second Miz has even the slightest chance of beating Cena, considering just last year John made fucking Dave Batista tap out. Just look at the list of names he's beaten at Mania: Big Show, JBL, Triple H, HBK, and Edge (already mentioned The Animal). Miz is so screwed, but that actually makes me happy since he is such an embarrassment to the WWE Title.
The point of the Wrestlemania build won't be "who will beat whom?" it'll be "I can't wait for Cena to shut up that loud mouth."

Miz lacking credibility isn't really an issue when his whole character and reign is based around him being an "undeserving prick who doesn't deserve the belt".

· Banned
8,284 Posts
Which would make it all the more shocking if Cena actually LOST at Mania.

· Registered
3,895 Posts
I'd love it for Miz to beat Cena, but cmon ... that's like DiBiase going into a Mania between 1988-1990 and facing Hogan, Miz kayfabe wise is miles behind Cena. If he does a quick roll up and gets a suprising victory that will be mark out time.

· Leader of #TeamBAE
1,599 Posts
Am I the only one who thought the match was not that bad at all?
I agree, the match itself wasn't that bad at all. Nobody could've followed Taker/HBK that night. No matter how you slice it, Cena/Miz on paper would be the worst, and while the match quality would probably be a ***-***1/2 match, is that something really worth putting as the MAIN EVENT?

· Registered
2,318 Posts
IF Cena/Rock doesnt happen i could see Taker's match closing the show, they might want to keep the title on Miz. Yeah its the traditional thing to do have the babyface get the title at mania and Cena always goes over at mania. But Cena doesnt need the title. If Cena/Miz happens Miz should slip over Cena somehow and keep the title, they shouldnt end it with ADR getting the WHC if that does happen, so it could be Taker's match to close the show with him going over.

· Dragon Slayer
6,701 Posts
Compared to some of the awful main events past Manias have had, seeing a pretty talented guy like The Miz is pretty nice. Would you rather see Lawrence Taylor? Mr. T? Miz is the WWE champion, hes one of the 3 hottest heels in the company, hes over, hes good in the ring, great on the mic, great charisma. Honestly who else would be better? Miz will either be going against Cena, who speaks for himself, or Morrison. Either match would be good. Neither would be great, neither would be a classic WM match, but there's not really any chance of getting those this year.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.