Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he filming a movie or something? I heard he was hosting some MTV show. Now he gets random title shot on youtube. I'm not a fan of the guy but he should at least be in a storyline or something.

·
Banned
2,080 Posts
He will be facing Santino for the US title at Extreme rules pre-show opener lol.

Poor guy though. He is WM main eventer, can you believe that?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I heard the phrase "who did (The Miz) piss off to go from headlining WM-27.. to just barely recovering from a 3 match win streak, after months and months of losing....

Triple H?

~K~

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Eh, I say it's part of a storyline. Every time somebody questions his current low profile on Twitter, he keeps telling them to be patient. I know he's fallen from grace since Mania 27, but not that far.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Good keep him invisable forever. He is finally back where he need to be in the mid-card and on Superstars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
He will be an important part of John Lauriantis's people power concept after Extreme Rules. He won the match for Team Johnny at WN and this match against Santino is Lauriantis repaying the favour, I'm sure he is going to win the strap at Extreme Rules, so brace yourself for more TV time for Miz in the future..

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm very pissed off at how WWE has buried the Miz over the last year. He was my favourite until the CM Punk shoot promo and he deserves to be in the main event scene no matter what anyone says. He'll rise back eventually.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't think it's too big of a problem, he does a lot of the work outside for the WWE so he doesn't need any storylines or be a threat to the title while he is busy being a ambassador.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
hopefully he'll lose the match against santino to. jobber where he belongs!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I've enjoyed not having to put up with Miz as much lately and I don't even really notice when he's not around. Give me an unable-to-speak Lesnar over that turd any day.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
While it is doubtless curious and almost truly downright bizarre, I think that there is actually a method to their madness. They're keeping Miz's profile these past few weeks going into Extreme Rules ultra-low in preparation for a renewed push. It's like an ensemble drama keeping a character only just barely within the margins of the narrative so that it will feel sort of special and reinvigorating for that character when an entire episode revolves around them. I'm guessing that after Bryan turns face officially on Sunday, and the Bryan/Sheamus feud concludes, Laurinaitis will "trade" Miz to Smackdown and gift him with the #1 contendership to Sheamus's championship in exchange for the great work of Miz's in securing the win for Team Johnny at Wrestlemania. After Miz/Sheamus, there will be some more Del Rio/Sheamus, too, and Miz will probably re-enter Bryan's world to completely secure Bryan's place as a newly-turned face and revisit their long backstory.

...On second thought, they probably have no idea what the hell they're doing and they're booking week to week, with Vince scribbling a hundred different ideas in a school notebook and scratching out ninety-nine of them in the three hours before each TV taping commences.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
It's actually fucking disgraceful what's happening with him right now. Like the guy or not, it's an absolute joke for somebody to main event Wrestlemania 1 year and barely have a match the next. For all the complaining people do about WWE not having any stars, you aren't going to find a better example that this right here. Miz got the exposure of a lifetime last year working with Rock and Cena. He was over, people were starting to buy into him, his segments on Raw without a bigger name were drawing real solid numbers and he looked to be on the right path. I'm utterly amazed at just how far he has fallen. By this stage he should be practically completely established and headlining feuds of his own. It's just fucking ridiculous and epitomizes WWE's stop/start commitment issue pushes.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Thats because they have put him on hiatus, to create more mystique and create a demand for him and freshen him up.P

I expect he will play some part of extreme rulez in a promo about not being on the card.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
hes been invisible? good gimmick.
maybe it was him who tripped jericho into the booze a few weeks ago, maybe it was him who kicked beth in the ankle last night.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Who?.....oh yeah, the guy that little over a year ago beat John Cena, the face of the company for years, for the WWE title, and at wrestle-fucking-mania no less. Now he's (probably) jobbing to a comedy character in a dark-match before a B-level PPV, one which he helped main event last year, but it is on YT, so that's a bonus.

Seriously, Miz may not have been credible enough to reach to where he did do, but seeing as he did, it would make sense to at least not pretend it never happened. Even if he does win the title it kind of makes it worse as it just demonstrates how far he has fallen backwards.

Maybe it could be a good thing though, we all already know how bad things have gotten, he had a 22 match, 3 month losing streak, so anything is a step-up from that i guess. He would get some major heat from taking the strap and could setup some future feuds and a way to pass it to another face. It's not like Santino is bringing a whole lot of credibilty to the thing either, having a former WWE champ carrying could benefit it somewhat?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts