Wrestling Forum banner

Miz destroying Daniel Bryan on Monday.....

1938 Views 21 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  Greatness78
Most of the IWC is too busy mourning (or laughing) over the destruction and burial of King Lobster Head and largely forgot about this little altercation before the main event.

Disregarding that I mark for Danielson, I'm gonna point out the thing most wrong about that segment: What good is it to make Miz look dominant by destroying a midcarder if he is still going to act like a bitch, coward and/or coniving snake in front of Cena or any other main event face? What is the point of hurting Danielson's credibility if Miz was going to act like the same bitch he is in front of Cena regardless (Don't bring up any crap about a sneak attack, sneak attacks should befall guys like Orton and Cena MUCH more often if they were that effective). When guys like Big Show or Triple H destroy midcarders like that, I don't expect those two to suddenly act like a bitch in front of Cena.

If NO young heel are capable of breaking through that glass ceiling of utter cowardice, then why not you know make guys like Morrison and Danielson out to be credible. They don't even have to be main eventers, just guys that aren't there to put over midcard and uppercard heels arbitrarily. The segment could have easily been done with a guy like Tatsu who's main purpose on the roster would be to put other guys over rather than getting over himself.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Plotting time travel mission.
8,761 Posts
I am a Daniel Bryan fan as you can tell, and I think its good that Miz and Daniel Bryan are still feuding. Ever since NXT they have been feuding and when Bryan makes it to the main event then their history together will be the basis of a good feud and rivalry. Also that did not hurt his credibilty because that attack only ignited their feud even more for the future.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does getting hit from behind, a sneak attack if you will, hurt Bryan's credibility?
Oh that argument. I tried to adress it, but I guess I didn't do a very good job:

1. It could be so much the sneak attack but how utterly glossed over it was. The same thing happening to Cena or Orton would have invoked several replays and probably a temporary stop to the show. Danielson of course isn't over enough to warrant that attention, but then why not use a jobber like Tatsu rather then someone you supposedly want to get over?

2. Not being on the show would have been less harmful to Danielson than Miz embarrasing him. Because though you can gloss over it however you like to, the image the fans have on Danielson is him getting his ass handed to him. Which wouldn't matter except that they are trying to get him over and Danielson hasn't done enough to seriously establish himself as a credible threat.

3. Even if sneak attacks during the entrance were a game breaker, the fact is that a main event face usually recovers from it. The face recooperates enough to actually have a match (albeit injured) whenever he's strong. Midcard faces attacked like that don't appear for the rest of the night. Such consistency is able to condition the fans on who is badass and who isn't.

· Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,065 Posts
Oh that argument. I tried to adress it, but I guess I didn't do a very good job:

1. It could be so much the sneak attack but how utterly glossed over it was. The same thing happening to Cena or Orton would have invoked several replays and probably a temporary stop to the show. Danielson of course isn't over enough to warrant that attention, but then why not use a jobber like Tatsu rather then someone you supposedly want to get over?

2. Not being on the show would have been less harmful to Danielson than Miz embarrasing him. Because though you can gloss over it however you like to, the image the fans have on Danielson is him getting his ass handed to him. Which wouldn't matter except that they are trying to get him over and Danielson hasn't done enough to seriously establish himself as a credible threat.

3. Even if sneak attacks during the entrance were a game breaker, the fact is that a main event face usually recovers from it. The face recooperates enough to actually have a match (albeit injured) whenever he's strong. Midcard faces attacked like that don't appear for the rest of the night. Such consistency is able to condition the fans on who is badass and who isn't.
I think the best you could have hoped for, in a million years, would have been for Bryan to run down and jump Miz when he was trying to hold the cage door shut. Which would have been cool, but it wasn't a Raw full of cool things.

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts

1. I don't think it was glossed over. The announcers made quite a big deal about it from what I heard. Cole even took his mouth off of Miz's cock long enough to say how he couldn't condone that.

2. I don't think this harmed Bryan at all. Not in the slightest. He was attacked from behind and took the beating. It happens to a lot of faces.

I think by Miz being champion gives Bryan credibility. Bryan is the last person to take a title away from the Miz.

This happened right before the last match of the night. There was no need for Bryan to come back out. He took quite a brutal kayfabe beating. I'm sure Bryan will get his revenge soon.

I just don't see how this makes Bryan look bad in the slightest.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you are obviously the only one complaining about this

without the miz Daniel Bryan would'nt be over btw
fpalm

Idiot, Miz at the time was tasked with putting Bryan over. That isn't remotely comparable to Miz running over Bryan trying to act badass and then comming off like a pissant in the face of John Cena doing NOBODY any favors and in fact harming Bryan by marginalizing him like he was a jobber which is stupid as WWE could have just brought out a jobber that they don't have any plans for to do the same thing.

If Miz was actually dominant over the entire roster (like the Original Nexus was) then my complaining would have been a different story as Miz would serve as a road block for ALL the faces as opposed to just the ones creative find expendable and complaining over him taking out a particular face would be unwarrented. As it stand, Cena STILL doesn't look to gain anything from beating Miz other than the championship which made having Bryan specifically take part in making Miz look credible in the segment pointless and facepalm inducing as WWE still wants to maintain Bryan as credible (unless you actually detest Bryan).

And I will willingly admit, I wouldn't have cared if this was Tatsu, Darren Young, or DH Smith getting beatdown by Miz........which is the main point of my post. The segment didn't make Miz look any more credible so why use a guy like Bryan that you want to get over when you have jobbers to make Miz look good? Why have Miz destroy Danielson if there is no chance for any real feud between the two until after Wrestlemania?

Everyone here needs to stop acting like the complainer is automatically wrong; at least understand my entire argument instead of a few select points before riding me off as an idiot IWC mark.

· Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. I don't think it was glossed over. The announcers made quite a big deal about it from what I heard. Cole even took his mouth off of Miz's cock long enough to say how he couldn't condone that.

2. I don't think this harmed Bryan at all. Not in the slightest. He was attacked from behind and took the beating. It happens to a lot of faces.

I think by Miz being champion gives Bryan credibility. Bryan is the last person to take a title away from the Miz.

This happened right before the last match of the night. There was no need for Bryan to come back out. He took quite a brutal kayfabe beating. I'm sure Bryan will get his revenge soon.

I just don't see how this makes Bryan look bad in the slightest.
Frankly, a LOT of it has to do with prior precedents in WWE. The beatdown didn't harm Bryan except that I am virtually certain that Bryan isn't going to actually get revenge or an actual feud over it; given that the Miz is already feuding with Cena and the Rock, the last thing I expect is for anything to come out of this little altercation outside of a match. Getting beatdown isn't damning, not being able to seriously DO anything about it makes you a jobber.

Though thinking about it, it does seem likely that this was just a pretext for a match next week, but it isn't like WWE has a track record of consistency with the midcard to warrant such confidence.

· HEADBANGA
27,535 Posts
Simply put OP Miz is headlining WM, Bryan is not. We need to build the Miz and show off his mean streak seeing as he feels offended for being an afterthought. Miz has only attacked Bryan, King, and Morrison so theres not a lot for him to work with.

· Registered
249 Posts
I like Daniel Bryan, but it seems to me like the crowd has forgotten about him - the last couple times he has come out it's been to pure silence. It probably hasn't helped that he's had nothing to do since taking the US title off of the Miz.

· Registered
6,922 Posts
Maybe the annonoymous gm will book Miz V Bryan for the WWE title next week on Raw as punishment to the Miz's sneak attack??
The GM is openly pro Miz so don't count on anything like that

I think that they are going to try to show that Miz has snapped and is obsessed over proving he is the best. Bryan was one of the few men who beat him and he never got any real revenge on so he is trying to tie up lose ends

· Registered
2,170 Posts
The whole point of the Miz attacking Bryan was to remind people that Miz is still in the main event of wrestlemania. It was a way to keep him relevant after that promo the Rock cut on Cena(basically changing the focus to a Rock/Cena feud). Since nobody cares about Miz/Cena anymore, they are trying to force people to care. The problem is that he attacked Daniel Bryan. The majority of fans don't care about Bryan since they haven't done anything with him in 4 months. Miz would of been better off attacking somebody like Morrison or Mark Henry. Granted, Henry hasn't really done anything, but he is a giant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.