Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did each of these guys do/say wrong backstage? I know the WWE loves to drop the ball with guys, but it seems far more intentional to bury these guys. What did they do? Is there a way back for them?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Regardless of your opinion of them, the WWE didn't think they were garbage at one stage. So I don't think it's literally just a talent decision.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Neither of these men did anything wrong backstage.

The problem is The Miz and Jack Swagger are both midcard heel acts. They are not main eventers and they should not be holding a world title or involved in main event programs. When WWE booked them for those positions, it became apparent really fast that they weren't ready for that level of exposure. They couldn't keep the momentum going and the crowd didn't believe them as world champions.

As for what they can do to return to the main event level, there isn't much that they can do. They both had their chance and it didn't work out. At best, The Miz and Swagger will be solid midcard heels that can be added to the main event scene when needed. Most likely, they both will be heel jobbers to garner heat and make their face opponents look great. With Ziggler, Rhodes, Bryan, and Sandow gaining momentum as heels, neither man is needed as more than a midcard heel and neither man should be built up at the expense of those heels that I just listed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you said makes sense except neither are really even being treated as midcard heels. I mean it doesn't help that the midcard title seen is balls, but what use is either guy when hhh/randy orton comes out and pedigrees/RKOs every other week. They're not far ahead of guys that job to Ryback at the moment.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Swags ran into the Big Show who instantly made his title run absolute shit. Before then he was doing a good job.

Miz...I haven't a clue. He was a company man and from what I can gather he still is but his ring work has slacked a lot lately. Miz was a decent heel champion, then he got upstaged by Rock/Cena and got squashed out of the main event following WM 27.

Both were their "flavor of the month" push. I think both guys did as well as they possibly could but when you feud with superheroes there isn't much you can do to maintain credibility.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Swagless started feeling himself a little bit too much, and I honestly can't tell why they stopped pushing The Miz. Maybe it's because HHH and Steph don't see The Miz as a main eventer.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I don't think they did anything backstage. I think it's just not their time right now.

The problem with Swagger is they basically made him out to be the new Kurt Angle, but he's not as good as Angle in the ring and he talks with that awful lisp, so it's hard to take him seriously on the mic (I'm guessing that's why he's with Vickie now). He's a solid mid-card heel, but it will be difficult for him to be a top level guy IMO.

Miz is a bit interesting to me. I didn't like him at first (I assume most of us didn't), but his promos have gotten really good and he has improved in the ring a lot. I think he is an upper-mid card, lower-high card guy. He will prolly win a bunch of IC and TT titles and 1 or 2 more world titles. I like him, he just doesn't make me go "I HAVE TO WATCH THIS GUY" like Punk, Jericho, HHH. It prolly didn't help that the whole "Summer of Punk" thing happened last year either. He may have been planned to stay in the main-event scene, but maybe Punk stole his spot a bit.

I think Miz would be an excellent choice to feud with Christian for the IC title once he returns.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
I imagine the Miz will pick up momentum once he's back from filming the Marine 3. Swagger got lost in the shuffle of endless heels, but he's such a good in ring talent (not to mention a former World Champion) that he constantly gets used to put over faces.

·
Banned
990 Posts
Dunno about Swagger but we know why Miz got depushed

1. Maryse left
2. Survivor Series buyrate was blamed on him
3. He dropped R-Truth

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Well Miz dropped R-Truth, and to be a main-eventer, he you almost have to be guaranteed a safe worker. People don't really know how important ring safety is to why/when people get pushed. Even though Finlay wasn't the greatest talker, can be called mediocre, he was all in the main-event in 2006/2007 because he was a proven safe worker and guys -WANTED- to work with him. Hell, that is the reason Randy Orton started feuding with Kane, instead of someone else for Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Swagger is awful

Miz is awesome

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Swags ran into the Big Show who instantly made his title run absolute shit. Before then he was doing a good job.

Miz...I haven't a clue. He was a company man and from what I can gather he still is but his ring work has slacked a lot lately. Miz was a decent heel champion, then he got upstaged by Rock/Cena and got squashed out of the main event following WM 27.

Both were their "flavor of the month" push. I think both guys did as well as they possibly could but when you feud with superheroes there isn't much you can do to maintain credibility.
Yup, Swagger was easily THE heel of 2010 got heat like no other, and had size and a ME look, then Big Show sized him down just like he does ALL, then WWE just jobbed him into oblivion.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Swagger was the biggest flop ever as World Champion. When WWE realized that Swagger only talent is wrestling ability, and he fails in every other aspect of the business, especially the entertainment aspect, they buried him badly and that's why he's done absolutely nothing but job for the last year. Swagger has no credibility anymore.

The Miz I don't know. A while back people thought he got temporary buried for that botch where he failed to catch R-Truth, but that was ages ago. Some people say he's been unmotivated and has been having frustrations with the company. I can't stand The Miz, but it's sad that a former WWE Champion who main-evented WrestleMania has become a total jobber these days who's losing to people like Brodus Clay. The Miz is filming The Marine 3 now anyway. Maybe if that's become a success, WWE will start pushing him again. I doubt it though, WWE movies are never successes.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Miz will go right back to being an awesome main eventer after he's done with his movie. It's not uncommon for a guy to get depushed only to get a monster push afterwards. See Sheamus. Miz has loads of starpower and is the type of guy who will do anything for the WWE. He has a future.

Swagger on the other hand just doesn't have the charisma level necessary. He is a great athlete but he just isn't that good on the mic. I could be wrong, but I don't know if Swagger will be a top star anytime soon, but he might be stay a strong midcarder.

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
but what use is either guy when hhh/randy orton comes out and pedigrees/RKOs every other week.
WTF are you even talking about? What do HHH or Orton have to do with Swagger and Miz? Both guys are mediocre in the ring and are one-dimensional insults to the notion of a world champion. Swagger couldn't cut a promo if his career depended on it and Miz has done absolutely nothing to make himself special. Blame creative all you want, but if the fans actually saw something in either of these guys, then they would actually be doing something.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts