• Don't care

Votes: 3 5.4%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Kane's win and now Miz's

I'm just wondering how many people wish MITB would go away?
I'm being objective about it but I'm wondering how many have always disliked it, starting hating it now or always liked it

·
Registered
603 Posts
It is good, only if it is done once a year at WM. You can't have 3 bloody briefcases a year. WHAT A JOKE!

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
After Kane's win and now Miz's

I'm just wondering how many people wish MITB would go away?
I'm being objective about it but I'm wondering how many have always disliked it, starting hating it now or always liked it
What does Kane and Miz have to do with it though? I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

It's not like Kane and Miz won the money in the bank legitimately so Vince has no choice but to make them champion. They won the money in the bank because Vince wanted to use that prop to make them champ.

If there was no money in the bank those two would STILL BE CHAMP. So I don't really know what MITB has to do with it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is good, only if it is done once a year at WM. You can't have 3 bloody briefcases a year. WHAT A JOKE!

I will agree with that
I think it's more prestigious and significiant it's just one case at Mania
They're really starting to cheapen MITB

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What does Kane and Miz have to do with it though? I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

It's not like Kane and Miz won the money in the bank legitimately so Vince has no choice but to make them champion. They won the money in the bank because Vince wanted to use that prop to make them champ.

If there was no money in the bank those two would STILL BE CHAMP. So I don't really know what MITB has to do with it.
Ah good point
But think of it this way, MITB is sort of a way out for guys that don't have cred to win the title without being built up
So I was just wondering do people like that method of guys who otherwise wouldn't be in the title picture getting the title or would they rather see it happening in the fashion of being built up

·
Not Bruce Wayne
2,114 Posts
I've always liked it. Though they could do away with the mitb ppv. One is enough. It makes it more special and adds a bit more suprise since the mitb holder from wm can cash in on either champion.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
One MITB is enough for each year.

Kanes MITB was the only bad one of the night because he didn't even need the MITB as a reason as to why he wants to face mysterio. He could just accuse mysterio of attacking taker and bullies his way into the title match unlike guys like McIntyre,Kofi who can't do something like that to get a title shot

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Don't like the money in the bank pay per view, I like the match and the concept, I think they should go back to 1 briefcase though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I love it at Mania good change of pace and sets the crowd on fire.

If not they should have a multi man ladder match for a midcard title

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
3 a year seems to be to much.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
If more people lose then win when cashing it in then I will begin to like it.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I liked it when they didn't have a pay per view for it, and people deserving held it...unlike that piece of trailer park trash we call WWE Champion.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
MITB is quickly turning into a joke. Three briefcases a year? If they want random midcarders to win the world title without any storylines or rivalries, they might as well just do a Battle Royal for the world title every couple of months.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I love Money in the Bank, genius idea whoever came up with it. I like having 3 MITB matches also. There should be 2 MITB matches at the MITB PPV, for both brands. And also one at Wrestlemania which is the dual-branded version, but allowing the winner to cash in on either the WHC or the WWE title.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i liked it as a Wrestlemania trademark match. it helps get six+ wrestlers who would otherwise not have been on the card a spot to showcase their talents (and their ability to hit SPOTS), and it is usually a good undercard match that gets fans excited for everything coming up.

however, as anything other than just that match, its pointless. its just WWE taking another cool gimmick match and punching it repeatedly into our faces until we can't take it anymore.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Its lost its appeal im afraid, great idea, not so great execution, plus the importance of the Royal Rumble, road to the title and all that other stuff could really use without MITB, ladder matches as a whole are played out too much

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
MITB is quickly turning into a joke. Three briefcases a year? If they want random midcarders to win the world title without any storylines or rivalries, they might as well just do a Battle Royal for the world title every couple of months.
Pretty much. I like the concept, but it should be done once a year max (not once for both brands either, but just one MITB period). And, please, I don't want to see anymore Jack Swagger's winning MITB - and I actually really like Swagger - but if you have some midcarder who wins it out of nowhere then goes right back to Superstars after losing the title, then it cheapens the fuck out of the whole concept. Just pull a CM Punk and give it to a guy multiple times and play it safe if that's the case. Don't force it.

EDIT: That being said I wouldn't be opposed to them just having a big #1 contender tourney each year and doing away with MITB matches entirely. There's not too much new you can do with them, match-wise, at this point.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I always liked it. I know the unexpected cash in formula is getting old but it's the best tool to create new stars at the moment so i don't mind to see the MITB ladder match to be held every year, including the PPV.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Three briefcases a year is a bit much. It almost forces WWE to have at least one, probably two, super-quick cash-ins so there aren't multiple parallel running MITB briefcases going at one time now. So, Swagger cashed in two nights after winning his, and Kane about an hour later. Only Miz received a good, healthy build-up with the briefcase, but then you could argue he's the one midcarder in the whole company to receive a good, steady build-up from bottom to top in the last year and a half.

I actually think the Elimination Chamber thing is even more played out and dubious. I mean, it really dilutes the prestige and importance of The Royal Rumble. The annual 30-man match where only one man wins and goes on to headline Wrestlemania for a world championship... but about three weeks later, no less than twelve men compete inside some weird-looking black structure for the two world championships. Having it between the 'Rumble and Wrestlemania is just kind of strange and almost ensures a short build for the title matches. That said, I won't refuse to go to the 2011 EC since it's taking place just 30 miles from my house.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts