Wrestling Forum banner

Will there be MITB ladder match at Wrestlemania 27??

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys expect a MITB ladder match this year?
Personally I don't think so.WWE has created the MITB pay per view and in my view both the ladder matches in 2010 MITB were pretty good.But if they do choose to have MITB ladder match at Mania we may probably get a quick match like last year's.
So what do you guys think?

· Registered
993 Posts
Re: Will there be a MITB laddermatch at Wrestlemania 27???

There will be a MITB match, it's WWE's way of fitting more wrestlers on the card.

· Registered
1,391 Posts

Now that Mania has come around again, it's reminded me how much WWE has now diluted the MITB concept. Once a year at Mania was perfect as it added to the event as much as the event added to the match. It meant the right guys were getting the push and WWE weren't having to force their own hand because they were obligated to churn out three contract winners per year.

· Registered
1,247 Posts

I hope not. Three MITBs per year is stretching it. I'd like to see them get rid of the PPV MITB, but that probably isn't going to happen, so I hope they keep it off the Mania card this year. Creative needs to actually be creative and come up with another way to get all those guys on the card.

· Banned
18,342 Posts

If they put it on WM, then they're dumbasses. They have PPV for that. And yeah, I would like to have one Mania without clusterfucks.

· Registered
924 Posts

Probably will be, and a 10-man one, I think.

If not a MITB match, then there will be some other kind of clusterfuck to cram in the midcard guys that don't have singles matches. WWE always tries to get pretty much everyone on the Mania card in some way. MITB is one of the easiest routes for that.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts

If they put it on WM, then they're dumbasses. They have PPV for that. And yeah, I would like to have one Mania without clusterfucks.
The 'clusterfuck' at Wresltemania has become a yearly highlight on the show. It gets guys on the show and always provides a big moment for someone. Winning MITB at Mania is far bigger than winning it at the MITB PPV.

· Banned
18,342 Posts

The 'clusterfuck' at Wresltemania has become a yearly highlight on the show. It gets guys on the show and always provides a big moment for someone. Winning MITB at Mania is far bigger than winning it at the MITB PPV.
But, it's not good or fair to put everyone on WrestleMania. Only hard working guys and divas deserve it. People need to bust their asses to get to WM, they need to deserve it. And yeah, winning MITB at Mania is far bigger than winning it at the MITB PPV, but I wasn't talking about that, I want to say it's completely unnecessary when they have PPV for that.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts

It's something entertaining that has become a yearly tradition, that's reason alone for it to be there. It also creates a big moment for a deserving (usually) superstar and more often than not creates a new main eventer. I really don't see what negatives there are for putting on MITB at Mania. As for 'deserving it' there are a bunch of guys who deserve a spot on the PPV who's only shot is being in MITB.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts

Now that Mania has come around again, it's reminded me how much WWE has now diluted the MITB concept. Once a year at Mania was perfect as it added to the event as much as the event added to the match. It meant the right guys were getting the push and WWE weren't having to force their own hand because they were obligated to churn out three contract winners per year.
I agree. The simple solution is to just do away with the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. It was kind of fun for a one-off change of pace for WWE in the middle of summer, but repeating it is just too much. Moreover, the PPV actually had a poor buyrate. The build-up was generally the definition of mediocre, at best.

I say, scrap the PPV (along with Fatal 4Way, goodness gracious... just bring back King of the Ring in June)

Money in the Bank should remain at Wrestlemania. There's only so much time, even in four hours, and there are a bunch of guys this year especially who are going to deserve to get on the show and this will be their only ticket in getting on it.

· Registered
5,163 Posts

I hope so. I'm a sucker for MITB matches so hopefully there will be one at WM. I actually don't mind three MITB matches in one year because the matches are always fun and the build up is always suspenseful but if they get rid of the PPV i won't be bothered either.

· Premium Member
46,600 Posts

I willing to say yes. Unfortunately, they don't have much of a plan or direction for their midcarders (even the US & IC Champions), and its become somewhat expected by the fans, so I think they'll do it, even if there is a MITB PPV later in the year.

· Registered
151 Posts

I love MITB so hope there is one, but as good as it is I do hope they avoid the temptation to continue the ppv which will dilute its meaning. I always look forward to the MITB however many there are but know it will be better with just the one chance, one mr money in the bank, just one chance for one of the guys you really hope gets the push to get it.

· KO
6,193 Posts
What if there's no MitB this year?

With the match getting its own PPV, there's a strong possibility that MitB will not be happening at WM this year. What do you think will happen to guys like Morrison, McIntyre, DiBiase, Bryan, Bourne and company? They seem to lack any and all direction right now, which is usually a sure sign of them getting into the notorious ladder match. What if there won't be one?

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
Re: What if there's no MitB this year?

I think they will still have it tbh. If they don't, a lot of guys who should be in the card won't have much to do...and if they don't...Morrison can't win it. :rolleyes:

· KO
6,193 Posts

I think they will still have it tbh. If they don't, a lot of guys who should be in the card won't have much to do...and if they don't...Morrison can't win it. :rolleyes:
That's exactly why I'm worried... I think they need to cash in (pun intended) on Morrison real soon, or he'll cool off. He needs his final breakthrough really bad. Although, tbh, I've been saying this since the one at WM 24, so who knows, maybe he'll live through another "almost" moment, but I'd rather him just break the glass ceiling and succeed as soon as possible. That's why I wanted him to win the EC so bad. His story with Miz was basically set, would've made perfect sense, and he's the perfect "boyhood dream - always almost there, but can't reach it" character to win the big one at WM against his archnemesis.

· Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts

I know what you mean, Morrison is red hot and they do need to give it a payoff sooner rather than later before the moment has passed. Him winning MITB would be perfect because he then has something to build off towards the main event. I fear if they don't give him anything to almost garuntee his main event push...they could easily forget about it.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.