Wrestling Forum banner

Mistico's New Name in WWE.

16330 129

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”
I don't really like this new name, but it seem like WWE is making a big deal about this guy signing. Maybe he will skip FCW.
Reactions: IAmNotAJ
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

· Registered
1,123 Posts

I don't really like this new name, but it seem like WWE is making a big deal about this guy signing. Maybe he will skip FCW.
Dos Caras (two faces) Jr. --> Alberto Del Rio (Grande)
Mistico --> Sin Cara (without a face)

:confused: They need a new random names generator or imagination. I find that insulting for Dos Caras, it purely a copy and not creative at all.

· Banned
4,575 Posts

· Premium Member
2,404 Posts
I actually like the name, of all the horrible misspellings and variants of something shitty they could have come up with Sin Cara actually sounds pretty decent and I hope they do great things with him.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
so in english his name means "no face". that doesnt even sound good in spanish..
Well, technically, it's "without [a] face" which, yeah, is retarded.

· Tap Or Snap
2,677 Posts
Names always catch on after a while. theres not a single name in wwe today im not caught up on. sure when they first debut there a bit wtf like NXT, McGillicutty, Daniel Bryan etc but they all catch on sooner or later if you allow them.

· Registered
1,123 Posts

I kinda like this costume, but he will surely be mocked as Mexican power ranger. Mistico's mask was really more attractive. I only hope they could tag team him with Chimera (Ricardo Rodriguez).

--> Sin Cara and Chimera VERSUS Dos Caras Jr. and Rey Mysterio Jr in Mexico Arena.

· Superduper
29,854 Posts
I find the name to have a ring to it, somehow.

Regardless of the name, though, I'm excited as fuck to see him perform in the WWE. Hopefully, he can become a big asset to them on a short notice.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
I find the name to have a ring to it, somehow.

Regardless of the name, though, I'm excited as fuck to see him perform in the WWE. Hopefully, he can become a big asset to them on a short notice.
Me too. Not sure why people need to be overly critical about these things. The name sounds perfectly fine to me.

· Premium Member
2,404 Posts
Now knowing what it means it kinda makes sense as a man wearing a mask would indeed have no face hence without a face works. Plus it doesn't sound that bad and as has been said it will catch on. No one calls Evan Bourne Matt Sydal anymore, no one calls Alberto Del Rio Dos Caras, and even Daniel Bryan has left behind Bryan Danielson.

· Premium Member
47,607 Posts
It's more the idea of changing everyones names rather than the actual name thatit's being changed to that causes the bitching. I get why they do it and all but when you've got a name like Mistico that's known worldwide I dont get why you wouldn't keep it. Casual fans are far more likely to be drawn in by seeing the name Mistico on a card than they are Sin Cara. I really don't see the need to do it when the old name has name value. Couldn't they have just changed the i to a y too?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.