Wrestling Forum banner

Mistico v. Mysterio

1259 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Maximum007
So, after following Mistico (now Sin Cara in WWE) for a while in CMLL and listening to his recent press conference, I must say that if WWE wants to and should do, a Cara/Mysterio feud can do wonders not only for both men but the company.

First of all, both man should have zero interaction with each other and I am talking about matches, segments, interviews, etc. Have Cara debut on RAW and make a name for him self as the future Luchador star. I'm not saying to put him in main event match but have him be putting on good matches and selling himself as the next Mysterio but indirectly.

A year later (two would make it better but WWE like to move fast, right?), have Mysterio and Cara have a segment at the Rumble setting off a potential match with each other at Mania. Have them in a feud where both men are the faces but the build would be a "who can top who" kind of thing (Does Mysterio still got it to keep up with Cara? Can Cara win the big one on the big stage?)

It's Mania time and both men put on possibly the MOTN and a MOTY contender and either man can win the match. If Cara wins, it puts him over as an established future star and Mysterio passes the torch to him and possibly retire. If Mysterio wins, it shows he still has it and makes him a veteran establishing a future star to take his place.

Farfetched? Perhaps but I was stoked when Ultimo Dragon debuted in WWE in 2002 and a Dragon/Mysterio feud in a big setting like WWE would have done wonders for both men. I followed Dragon since WCW and I felt WWE dropped the ball on Ultimo. With Cara, they can do this right and establish a future star.

Call me insane but I'm sold on Sin Cara and his future for now.
Reactions: CainTheUndertaker
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
They could in theory now have a mask-vs.-mask match in the WWE.

But I actually wouldn’t like to see it happen. Sin Cara shouldn’t even wrestle Rey too much. I hated it when it seemed as if they liked bunching all the Mexican wrestlers together (Rey–ADR week in week out). Made me think of the colored baseball leagues of the early 1900s — quite revolting to me. They don’t force the British or Canadian wrestlers to wrestle each other all the time.

Aside from that, Rey should really lose that ridiculous braided thing on his chin.

· Premium Member
7,019 Posts
ive just seen some youtube videos of mistico and this guy is amazing! but i have this gut feeling that either wwe will limit his moveset or the guys with the exception of mysterios wont know how to sell his luchador style but i agree with your theory and thats what they shouldve done with ADR instead of throwing ADR right into a fued with mysterio in any case this guy and this fued will bring Vince a dumptruck full of money if its done right and also sin cara is so freckin young and seems like he's gonna be around forever

one thing that wouldve been amusing if sin cara kept the name mistico is hearing the commentators get tougue tied because of mysterio and mistico sound similar lol

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Yes, a showdown between these 2 at the Rumble showcasing some great high flying action and also setting the stage for a Wrestlemania match would be so awesome. I would totally mark out. Then Mysterio should lose to Mistico passing the torch as the next big luchador star.

· HOES MAD
24,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what I am saying. Have both men in the Rumble and make Cara have an outstanding showing in the match more over than Mysterio. This would put doubt into Mysterio's place in wrestling and if he still has it and challenges Cara to a match at Mania. It could be a big money match if done right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.