Wrestling Forum banner

Mistico Debut's

4558 Views 33 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  1andOnlyDobz!
What do you guy's think? What with Cody's father Dusty jumping into mix, perhaps Dustin could drop the Goldust gimmick, team with his brother, have the American Dream as there manager. Enter Myserio's long lost brother, cousin, nephew, mother, whatever (Sin Cara)... There you have it, WrestleMania family feud!!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Lucy Snorebush
2,155 Posts
What do you guy's think? What with Cody's father Dusty jumping into mix, perhaps Dustin could drop the Goldust gimmick, team with his brother, have the American Dream as there manager. Enter Myserio's long lost brother, cousin, nephew, mother, whatever (Sin Cara)... There you have it, WrestleMania family feud!!
Stopped reading there.

· Registered
865 Posts
I dunno, the family feud thing seems iffy.

I think, Mistico is better off debuting on Raw. There's no credible heels on SD that can take a hit like losing a feud right now.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
I think he's heading to Smackdown because of their aging/injury prone babyface roster. With the way new talent was pushed in 2010 it wouldnt shock me if Cara is in world title feuds by the end of the year.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Goldust is still injured, no? I'm not sure if i would debut Sin Cara like that, i mean, he will look like playing a henchman-like role because the main focus is still on Rey, i'd rather debut him as a big deal, maybe he should debut as a rival from Rey's past (stole this idea from a rumor about Kaval's debut in WWE :p), he will look like an evil and better version of Rey and with the storyline that he's the better luchador than Rey and always will ever since they fought together on Mexico and it will be nice to see Rey getting outperformed everytime they meet in the ring.

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
Sounds like most of us are on the same page. The original idea has its merits but needs tweeking. Absolutely keep Goldust, what a great character, but he and Cody should be heels of course. Mysterio could bring in Sin/Mistico for the feud prior to him going to Raw. But I don't think Sin Cara should be related to Rey, especially with both of their popularity, you could never sell that as a real angle. Plus Sin Cara should be able to stand on his own eliminating the henchman dilemma.

· Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Do you think Cody will wear the mask he stole from Myserio? This could mean Mistico joins Mysterio to fight for the honor of luchador. As for being a henchman I was thinking that wouldn't be a problem as long as Mistico is aloud to wrestle to his full ability, that way he would have no problem being equal or even out shining Rey. This could result in one turning on the other.

Edit: Lol yeah ok keep the Goldust gimmick they could be Goldashing or Dashingdust..
O.k. maybe that was a little to much:no:

· Registered
23,570 Posts
I can't see them debuting Mistico like this. If I was the WWE I'd have him separate from Rey Mysterio for a while because they're too similar and Vince doesn't like having similar people together. I'd have them on separate brands for a while and then I'd put them both together before Rey retires so he can pass the torch.

· I like me
421 Posts
I doubt Mistico/Sin Carra will debut before Wrestlemania, so I can't see it happening. He will highly likely end up on Smackdown, because of that brands appeal to the mexican market (which is why Mysterio has pretty much always been there.) But, it is more likely he will debut on Smackdown between Mania/Extreme Rules after whenever they do this years Draft as opposed to getting involved with the Rhodes/Rey storyline. Then, who knows, because it's hard to say which heels will be on his roster, assuming that he enters as a face (he certainly should, even though it is harder to do it that way.)

The arguments that he should go to Smackdown because of their ageing babyface/injury prone roster, or that he should go to Raw because none of the current heels on Smackdown can take putting him over whilst remaining credible are flawed arguments, because who knows what the rosters will look like heading out of the draft anyway. The IWC will like to say that they know certain things DEFINITELY will/won't happen, but that really doesn't sway me. Pretty much every heel in the company at the moment can be on either show and it wouldn't shock the shit out of me, and with the exceptions of Mysterio and Cena it is exactly the same with the faces.

· Registered
704 Posts
No. Mistico is too damn good to be relegated to "Mysterio's sidekick/cousin/brother". He should go to RAW and feud with guys like Danielson, Sheamus, Nexus, etc. I wouldn't mind him on Smackdown, but that show already has 2 big Hispanic superstars, which is something that RAW doesn't have.

· I like me
421 Posts
No. Mistico is too damn good to be relegated to "Mysterio's sidekick/cousin/brother". He should go to RAW and feud with guys like Danielson, Sheamus, Nexus, etc. I wouldn't mind him on Smackdown, but that show already has 2 big Hispanic superstars, which is something that RAW doesn't have.
Yeah, but there is a reason for that. Smackdown is the big show for the Hispanic audience, it is different to America, and this has largely been the case since Eddie Guerrero got his big break on the show, why Chavo Guerrero has also spent most of his career on Smackdown, and why when a stable such as "Mexicools" came to fruition it happened on Smackdown. Hispanic stars on Raw aren't usually as focal, I mean, all of them usually get a stint on the show but it doesn't last too long. Chavo has had a few runs, but became "american" in one of them and a comedy character in the other, as did Eddie Guerrero (for, like, 3 months before he went to Smackdown for what ended up being the rest of his career) and Super Crazy (but he was a jobber.)

Then there is Rey Mysterio. When Mysterio got moved to Raw for a year, the main issue was that Smackdown viewership declined a bit in terms of the hispanic market, but Raw's didn't increase...like at all. Originally, Vince wanted to try and attract the hispanic market to Raw too (I mean, that makes sense. You assume that you can retain the market you already have watching Smackdown and get them to watch Raw too by putting a big hispanic draw on it.) Like I say though, it didn't work, so they counted their losses and moved Mysterio back to Smackdown in an attempt to recapture some of the lost hispanic viewers. This is the main reason I doubt we will see such a thing again, it was almost like a failed experiment regarding the potential of a huge hispanic star on Raw, they simply pull more viewers overall being on Smackdown. It may be that the hispanic guys watch Raw anyway, but they will watch Smackdown too just to see their hispanic stars in big roles - it may be that they just don't care for Raw for whatever reason. I don't know.

Not sure what has happened since then in terms of numbers, but I am pretty sure Smackdown is still big in the hispanic market (this is why Del Rio debuted on Smackdown), and I expect Mysterio, Del Rio and Mistico to be predominantly Smackdown guys in their careers, unless the roster split ends at some point.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.