Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anyone else miss the classic look of the Elimination Chamber? I remember watching the first one back in 2002 and thinking to myself, this is awesome as we haven’t really seen anything like this before. Having actual steel on the outside of the pods making the chamber look a legitimate threat. Today’s chamber now has padding around the chamber and it is no way the match it used to be in my opinion.

Just my opinion of course, but would be interested in other people‘s thoughts.

Classic Chamber

Today’s Chamber

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new chamber looks like a playpen. I can’t understand why they decided to turn it into a joke.
It’s not the same is it? Every time I watch it every year I just can’t get into it, no matter how good the wrestlers may be competing inside it.

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,919 Posts
The new chamber looks like a playpen. I can’t understand why they decided to turn it into a joke.
They did it because too many people were getting hurt so they changed it to put more padding in it to lessen the chances of injury supposedly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Next EC match needs to be a title scramble... Champ starts the match against one opponent. If you pin the champ they get eliminated and whover pinned them is the new champ.

·
Registered
445 Posts
now it just feels like a fucking filler match.
Not feels, It literally is a filler match. Daniel Bryan winning just to get put out immediately so Edge can finally challenge roman. And they never even settled anything between Drew and Sheamus, They just needed an excuse to have drew get beat up so miz could start his transitional title run. and what better way to do it than when you have 6 guys to book and 30 minutes to kill on ppv.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
don't really care how the chamber looks when it's done just for the sake of it. the first few elimination chamber matches were a big deal because it was done to push a story and infrequent. now it's like every other gimmick match that they've pounded into dust.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Next EC match needs to be a title scramble... Champ starts the match against one opponent. If you pin the champ they get eliminated and whover pinned them is the new champ.
What's the point? It's no different than saying the winner of the chamber will be the new champion. Either way the last wrestler surviving is going to be the champion.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Yes. And more importantly, I miss the days when Elimination Chamber and Hell in a Cell matches actually meant something and made your jaw drop whenever they were announced. You knew a bloody and BRUTAL bout was going to happen.
Especially with HIAC. That was for VERY personal feuds.

Around 2008-2009 WWE began ruining those matches followed by TLC matches by naming/themeing entire PPVs after/around them. And such match types have lost their purpose and have gotten overtly sanitised once the company went back to being family friendly.

WWE has ruined pretty much all the cool stuff about it in the past 13 years. Fucking unbelievable. And then they wonder why less and less people watch this shit every year.

Now validreasoning will come ITT to tell us that WWE have achieved record high profits in the last few years thanks to Saudi money and sponsorship deals, Fox's deal or wtv.

·
Angry at refs
4,504 Posts
They did it because too many people were getting hurt so they changed it to put more padding in it to lessen the chances of injury supposedly.
I get that but it's so easy to make it LOOK dangerous without it actually being dangerous. WWE decided to make it safer and horrible-looking for some reason.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
I miss the shape of the old Chamber. I liked the spherical cage over the more square one. And the curved pods made for easier spots than the square ones they have now.

But I won't complain about the padding on the outside. The original Chamber floor looked like a bitch to land on.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
I miss the classic everything. Everything right now is watered down meaningless bullshit.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Every gimmick match these days is horrible, from Chamber to HIAC to TLC etc. What’s sad is that these matches were awesome and have a rich legacy of having great matches. Now WWE has to resort to its past to cover the fact that the present sucks. The past matches is what gives these gimmicks notoriety, but it’s been butchered over the years. They killed the appeal when they turned them into PPV events.

Rather than being organic additions to storylines, they now a yearly thing. Which is stupid af and just forcing the match. The Women HIAC is the stupidest they added, same with the Women’s Rumble and MITB. Then you have the red HIAC and square Chamber which ruined it even more. People are so exposed to seeing these matches that they don’t care about them anymore. It's better if they appeared randomly.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else miss the classic look of the Elimination Chamber? I remember watching the first one back in 2002 and thinking to myself, this is awesome as we haven’t really seen anything like this before. Having actual steel on the outside of the pods making the chamber look a legitimate threat. Today’s chamber now has padding around the chamber and it is no way the match it used to be in my opinion.

Just my opinion of course, but would be interested in other people‘s thoughts.

Classic Chamber
View attachment 97767

Today’s Chamber
View attachment 97768
Yep and it's the same for the HIAC...not just the look but everything is crap since they removed blood from matches.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
...huh? Read your post again and explain how that would end any different than a normal chamber match unless you add a time limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts