Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TNA Knockout Miss Tessmacher, also known as Brooke Adams, reportedly works part-time as a waitress at a Hooters restaurant near her hometown of Houston, Texas. She recently took part in the Hooters Texas Swimsuit Pageant Finals to determine seven Hooters girls who would go on to the 2010 International Hooters Swimsuit Pageant competition. Tessmacher failed to go on to the finals.

source prowrestling .com

hmm this echo's a post that i saw about how badly paid some of the ladies are, with gail kim working at a retail shop part time while tna champ

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
TNA a company owned and run by a woman. LOL, this whole notion of TNA being an ideal place to work is crazy. It's sad, at the end of the day.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
TNA Knockout Miss Tessmacher, also known as Brooke Adams, reportedly works part-time as a waitress at a Hooters restaurant near her hometown of Houston, Texas. She recently took part in the Hooters Texas Swimsuit Pageant Finals to determine seven Hooters girls who would go on to the 2010 International Hooters Swimsuit Pageant competition. Tessmacher failed to go on to the finals.

source prowrestling .com

hmm this echo's a post that i saw about how badly paid some of the ladies are, with gail kim working at a retail shop part time while tna champ

Taylor Wilde not Gail Kim. All i say to it tough luck. If TNA splashed out loads on wages they'd go the way of WCW. There being sensible with there money (in some areas) all comes down to the old adage your worth whatever someone is willing to pay you.

TNA a company owned and run by a woman. LOL, this whole notion of TNA being an ideal place to work is crazy. It's sad, at the end of the day.
TBH it seems ideal to work in TNA 4 days taping a month not many house shows leaving all talent free to make a living during the month.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Tbh she does very little in TNA, I'd be quite pissed off if she made a living by being in 10 minutes worth of promos per month.

·
Registered
11,565 Posts
Taylor Wilde not Gail Kim. All i say to it tough luck. If TNA splashed out loads on wages they'd go the way of WCW. There being sensible with there money (in some areas) all comes down to the old adage your worth whatever someone is willing to pay you.

TBH it seems ideal to work in TNA 4 days taping a month not many house shows leaving all talent free to make a living during the month.
Doesn't TNA do like 2-3 house shows per week? Doesn't talent have to pay for extra expenses?

WCW over pay guys like Stevie Ray making 900 grand per year but what these guys especially the women is making is McDonald type of money. That just not right. And you wonder why pro wrestlers get depress after their careers and commit suicide or taking crazy drugs. I know they made the choice to join the business but it should not be this bad. With the growth of MMA, the future of this business is not looking good as it is.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
WCW over pay guys like Stevie Ray
How was Stevie Ray overpaid? He was massively over as one half of Harlem Heat, so he got paid what he deserved at the time.

You wanna talk 'overpaid in WCW' then let's discuss Lanny Poffo.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Gender discrimination in wrestling is nothing new. It has always been a backward-ass industry.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I can't see why people complain about TNA's wages, they work like ten days a month and that's if they're on the road. If they can't get another job for the other 20 days a month it's their own problem

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I can't see why people complain about TNA's wages, they work like ten days a month and that's if they're on the road. If they can't get another job for the other 20 days a month it's their own problem
That's a very simplistic view, bearing in mind that training, conditioning and maintaining well being is an every day occurance for wrestlers at that level. It's not a case of half an hour in the gym the day you're working.

That's not taking into account that if you spend ten days taking long journeys, falling on your back and generally bumping in and out of the ring, and off whatever absurd structure they can build, it's not exactly like the other 20 days are going to be a productive time.

IMO, if you're a company with a TV deal and a huge financial backer, you shouldn't be comparable with a big indy for paying talent. A decent wrestler can make a killing in Japan from what I've heard, so the second largest American company should at least be able to make them comfortable. It's actually a little insulting to expect wrestlers to bust their asses to entertain us, but to also have to work a second job just to get by. No-one's saying pay a jobber half a million a year, but come on, if a champion is selling sunglasses, you're doing it wrong.

·
8,232 Posts
That's a simple minded way of looking at it. They're professionals on national television weekly. Not to mention they're usually the top ratings draw. Most of the men make anywhere from 60,000-600,00 a year. What does the women's salary add up to? 20,00-30,000? They're schedules are pretty damn intense and their lives are pretty much dedicated to traveling for the company. And if it's true that they have to pay for their own traveling arrangements and lodging, then the number is even more disturbing. Saying they should get another job to support themselves is no excuse. No pro wrestler on Television should have to do that.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.