Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the stereotypical bull about Irish people, that we are all red haired, 3 ft men with green pants and a can of guinness in each pocket..

Americans are the worst for this type of ****.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PUMA said:
i'm irish and american i dont that americans make fun of the irish at all but its common for the irish to have red hair.

It's common, well prove it? I don't see much of a difference between there being red haired Americans and Irish...

Have you ever lived in Ireland?

·
DOOMED
33,209 Posts
Christian_Rules said:
Hmmm I'm in the same boat but about the Scottish. Supposedly we're ginger haired, whisky drinking, kilt wearing people who eat haggis and swear all the time. Meh, I wear kilts, drink whisky, eat haggis, swear most of eh time, but I ain't ginger :D
meh thats what all gingers say....

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
^^^No, but I suspect he has something against people reinforcing false stereotypes, as you did.

*Big EVIL* said:
Drinking guiness I suppose
It's Guinness. I wouldn't normally pick you up on that, but it should be a crime to spell the name of something so lovely incorrectly.

N

·
0 Posts
Guiness sucks. I can't even believe anyone would refer to beer as "lovely." Die already, right.

Anyway, the thread starter did single out Americans (somewhat), which would make it a little stereotypical. Not that I disagree, but going by the concept.

P.S. Conan is the best Irishman ever, right.

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
Flash said:
^^^No, but I suspect he has something against people reinforcing false stereotypes, as you did.

It's Guinness. I wouldn't normally pick you up on that, but it should be a crime to spell the name of something so lovely incorrectly.
Here here!

& I'll just ignore Nitemares lack of taste regarding liquid gold. :yum:
Don't ban me Lee, rit?

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Yeah, when I think of irish, I think of big burly red headed men at a bar looking for a fight. Or Conan. <3 Conan. (oshat he just came on...watchin that. bye)

·
Banned
644 Posts
Conan rules...as to the stereotype stuff, oh well accept it. Look at all the **** they have on middle easterns and being terrorists, Chinese being small ****ed and tight ****s, Germans being Nazi's, Cubans being drug dealers. Those are bad stereotypes, also called labeling people. The **** with the Irish is just what they are mainly portrait as on TV and it's not offensive (to most people at least).

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Flash said:

The spelling of Guinness is a sarcastic remark based on another thread where I brought up Swindy for having his favourite brand as Guiness...

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meh there are a lot of drunks everywhere, English drunks are probably the worst, you see them on holidays, pissed off their faces roaring abuse and fighting..

·
The Old Man
2,046 Posts
*Big EVIL* said:
Meh there are a lot of drunks everywhere, English drunks are probably the worst, you see them on holidays, pissed off their faces roaring abuse and fighting..
Sounds like me, I've just finished my second bottle of red tonight...& a Guinness pie for dinner.

Sorry Lee, but alcohol is good in moderation...

...or copious amounts.
:)

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Swindy will outrageously stupid remarks like that I can only..........

Begin to repect you more and more...
I'm going to rep you for that one.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
*Big EVIL* said:
Just out of interest, how old are you and where are you from? I'm just wondering if your stereotyping could be put down to age or naivity, or whether you're just deliberately trying to provoke people.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts