Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
He will work with whoever they tell him to. This is not Miro's World of Wrestling, it's AEW. I think he's trying to be a heel. Maybe work the fans a little bit, IDK. I don't take it as a serious comment.
No he won´t.. Everyone writes their own stuff and do what they want in AEW, that´s why the wrestlers love to work there ;)

In truth though -The only person we know of besides The Elite who has any sort of saying in who they work with is Jericho.

·
Registered
190 Posts
He'll work with who they tell him to work. He's not a 'star', no matter what some may think.

Jericho can get away with it, not midcard trash like Rusev.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I mean the way people carry on it seems Rusev is a top 5 signing for them. I don't know because I don't watch WWE but top 5 star would have power.
I would not say that Miro is a big star. He's a guy that was able to get himself over but the WWE never capitalized on it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I mean the way people carry on it seems Rusev is a top 5 signing for them. I don't know because I don't watch WWE but top 5 star would have power.
I have a feeling you may be referencing me at least partially here as I've been quite 'OTT' on how great this signing is in the eyes of some.

To clarify, I'm not sure he's that big of a star right now. He's got a decent following so he's bigger than most they can sign currently. But the point I was originally making is, this sort of signing is huge for AEW as a brand. He is in my opinion, the best signing they could make currently purely due to the untapped potential he has. He has every skill anybody would ever need to become a huge star in wrestling. He fits seamlessly into playing a heel or face, he can talk, he has a great look, he can go in the ring, he's charismatic af. He can do comedic stuff without coming off as a goof and he can be serious too. He's that rare breed of wrestler that can get near on anything you give him over big time. He's the closest you'll get to a modern day Kurt Angle imo. Somebody that can do anything you ask of him, and do it well.

These are the sort of signings AEW need, because if there is anybody that can become a huge star and one of the main building blocks you need to build around it is Miro. Talented characters that can elevate themselves and those around them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Miro has 2.1 million followers/subs across his social media channels. You'd hope he can bring some new viewers.

And Miro would definitely work with Pac if told. AEW has very little political bullshit and that's straight from the mouth of the wrestlers who find the backstage scene chilled there.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I have a feeling you may be referencing me at least partially here as I've been quite 'OTT' on how great this signing is in the eyes of some.

To clarify, I'm not sure he's that big of a star right now. He's got a decent following so he's bigger than most they can sign currently. But the point I was originally making is, this sort of signing is huge for AEW as a brand. He is in my opinion, the best signing they could make currently purely due to the untapped potential he has. He has every skill anybody would ever need to become a huge star in wrestling. He fits seamlessly into playing a heel or face, he can talk, he has a great look, he can go in the ring, he's charismatic af. He can do comedic stuff without coming off as a goof and he can be serious too. He's that rare breed of wrestler that can get near on anything you give him over big time. He's the closest you'll get to a modern day Kurt Angle imo. Somebody that can do anything you ask of him, and do it well.

These are the sort of signings AEW need, because if there is anybody that can become a huge star and one of the main building blocks you need to build around it is Miro. Talented characters that can elevate themselves and those around them.
basically this

we’ll be treated to ‘what happens if Miro catches lightning in a bottle again like ‘Rusev Day’ - but this time his company lets him run with it’

he’s not guaranteed growth - but he had great growth potential

·
Registered
455 Posts
I’ve never paid Miro/Rusev much attention, hope he brings something good to the table. Personally, I wouldn’t pass up a chance to work with Pac, that guy is a beast.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Rusev was super over in WWE till his last showing. I am sure he will be getting the top 5 loudest pops once the crowds are back in full capacity. I have no doubt about that one. The guy is naturally likeable yet he can definitely turn on the intensity when needed. I am glad they are not giving him any overused idiotic anti american monster gimmick but just letting him be himself.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just looking online and Miro and Pac are FIFA gaming buddies.

When it comes to wrestling Miro's always working the fans, which I approve of. His AEW debut carried more of an impact after his work that he was done with the business.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
I am definitely on the side of Miro being a potential top star. His initial run up until LOLCENAWINS showed me he has that. He then managed to capture that again with his Rusev Day stuff and Vince turned him into a cuck. It was pretty infuriating to watch most of that. His WrestleMania 31 entrance is still top tier though.

Him debuting with bottom feeder Kip was very disappointing. Hope he turns on him, crushes him, then moves on to good things.

·
Premium Member
13,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
t
I am definitely on the side of Miro being a potential top star. His initial run up until LOLCENAWINS showed me he has that. He then managed to capture that again with his Rusev Day stuff and Vince turned him into a cuck. It was pretty infuriating to watch most of that. His WrestleMania 31 entrance is still top tier though.

Him debuting with bottom feeder Kip was very disappointing. Hope he turns on him, crushes him, then moves on to good things.
that cuck storyline was purely cus rusev handed his notice in (or decided not to sign). this was discussed, if i remember correctly, back in like november-december. just like how they tried to embarrass moxley, they tried to embarrass rusev. also it's gonna be clear from now on when people don't sign - vince will try to bury them expeditiously.

·
Premium Member
6,964 Posts
t

that cuck storyline was purely cus rusev handed his notice in (or decided not to sign). this was discussed, if i remember correctly, back in like november-december. just like how they tried to embarrass moxley, they tried to embarrass rusev. also it's gonna be clear from now on when people don't sign - vince will try to bury them expeditiously.
Yeah it really sucks how often companies want to bury you as much as they can on your way out so you can provide as little value as possible for someone else. I try to factor it in at least so I am happy to delete those things from memory when they show up other places.

·
Premium Member
13,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah it really sucks how often companies want to bury you as much as they can on your way out so you can provide as little value as possible for someone else. I try to factor it in at least so I am happy to delete those things from memory when they show up other places.
and fortunately it never works. it actually made vince look bad IMO - with Moxley at least.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts