Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i love tna, tna and roh are imo the best wrestling to watch right now.

but wtf tna? last year u start this slogan "wrestling matters" and your doing some real good stuff (roode's reign, storms build when he returns, aries push, rays character, kurt angle, aj,mcmg) and impact has been solid for most of this year.

but 2 recent signings (brooke hogan and king mo) make 0 sense to me and the money that they are getting should be put into the wrestlers.

brooke hogan- what the fuck is the point of this? she is a failed singer who is only here now because of he dad. dixie needs to learn to say NO! hogan is right about everything. brooke is suppose to teach the knockouts about personality and charisma? WHAT!? what fuckin personality does she have? what is she gonna teach them? this is a waste of space and the roster and a waste of money. i just pray it doesnt last.

king mo- ok this 1 make some sense. hes a bellator mma fighter, bellator is gonna be on spike starting next year, bellator can showcase 1 of their fighters, tna may get some mma fans to tune in. now idk if this is tnas idea or if spike wanted them to do this, but to me, it just seems like it was done because brock lesnar recently returned to wwe and tna wanted to try to duplicate that. but what pisses me off is that the dude on mma uncensored is sayin how wrestling "isnt the real deal". fuck u, i wish kurt angle was their to kick ur ass. plus this guy is only there for the summer til bellator begins to air. whats the point of having this guy if hes just gonna leave in a few months?

these are 2 uneeded signings that could take time away from the wrestlers and knockouts on the roster with their bullshit. what happen to the wrestling matters slogan? seems like its just publicity matters right now.

i wish they would sign wrestlers and try to focus on that more.

why cant i read something like this:
"Impact Wrestling sign the Briscoe Brothers"-
TNA and Impact Wrestling are proud to introduce the newest members of the Impact Wrestling roster, Jay and Mark Briscoe. They have wrestled around the world in Japan, Mexico, England, and have had much success in the Ring Of Honor promotion, holding the Tag Team Titles 7 times. and yada yada.

just wish tna would focus on the wrestling. guys like aj, angle, aries, joe, mcmg, kaz. insted of giving garrett bischoff undeserved tv time, putting jersey shore ripoffs on their, unrealistic stories like aj messin with dixie.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair to Robbie E (your last paragraph), he is actually rather entertaining, just not in the ring.
he could be entertaining at times, but i dont like seeing a zack ryder jersey shore ripoff get that much tv time while a guy like doug williams or kid kash or pope are never on.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,538 Posts
OP is correct, but lol @ taking issue with an MMA guy saying pro wrestling isn't the real deal on a MMA talk show. It's true, why get mad about it? I still MUCH prefer wrestling to MMA (which I don't care for).

More on-topic, Briscoe Bros would be a great signing and would definitely make me more inclined to catch Impact every week. It's a shame TNA would rather focus on pushing Eric Bischoff's talentless son and signing an MMA guy than to go out and sign great wrestling talent.

And btw, Robbie E sucks.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OP is correct, but lol @ taking issue with an MMA guy saying pro wrestling isn't the real deal on a MMA talk show. It's true, why get mad about it? I still MUCH prefer wrestling to MMA (which I don't care for).

More on-topic, Briscoe Bros would be a great signing and would definitely make me more inclined to catch Impact every week. It's a shame TNA would rather focus on pushing Eric Bischoff's talentless son and signing an MMA guy than to go out and sign great wrestling talent.

And btw, Robbie E sucks.
thats why im sayin they need to push that "wrestling matters" slogan by signing wrestlers, not an mma fighter or a talentless bitch.

and push the wrestlers and not put so much time into garrett, robbie e, gunner, and stupid storylines and segments.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
King Mo makes a lot of sense, a dual sports signing between Bellator and TNA is very interesting and will only bring good publicity to TNA, in my opinion. Even though King Mo will be awful in the ring (he might surprise us, but I doubt it) it'll be good for the company.

Brooke Hogan just sums up everything wrong with Hogan though. She is literally only going to be there because of Hulk Hogan and she will be terrible, there's no doubt about it. Karen Jarrett, admittedly, was in a similar position, but she was playing an annoying heel where Brooke will be pushed quite hard as a total face executive and it will be unbearable. From a business perspective it adds nothing, it's just something for Hogan's daughter to do.

Also, Robbie E is really entertaining bro and actually pretty decent in the ring.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
and the green kid from "open fight night", TNA does not want top indy guys anymore you have to be a green rookie or a former WWE midcarder

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I don't have a problem with King Mo, I have a problem with Brooke Hogan because it's yet another signing pushed by Hulk, because he wants them there. Just like the Nasty Boys, Orlando Jordan and Val Venis. They didn't last long.

If she appears on live TV, do remember what the crowd was like to one of Hogan's signings before (Bubba the Love Sponge).

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
It's funny how everyone thinks anyone can go to ROH and say "hey cornette, I know you love TNA so please let me steal all your talent".

Austin Aries was one in a million shot, he was tired of ROH and was free to get signed.

Unless TNA works on a talent relationship with ROH you will never read - "Impact Wrestling signs the Briscoe Brothers".

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Delta White.

And I fully agree with you on Brooke Hogan. It was like, we're going live 31st of may, YES. And we are bringing Brooke Hogan on board that day. WTF

·
HEADBANGA
23,516 Posts
These people know what they're doing. People need to stop being so nit picky and wait to see how these signings will play out before jumping the gun.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
WWE is signing guys like Dean Ambrose, Kassius Ohno, Antonio Cesaro, and Seth Rollins and will bring them up soon after development. Meanwhile TNA is signing Bischoff's son and immediately putting him on TV and as the leader of a team at Lethal Lockdown consisting of AJ Styles, RVD, Anderson, and Austin Aries. LOL.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
bla bla hogan bla bla garrett whatever... Why every topic needs WWE vs TNA?
Okay let's pretend TNA makes a ppv with seven MOTYC, hogan and garrett made cameos on it therefore the ppv sucks.

TNA got Austin Aries last year.
Destination X 2012 is around the corner, let's see who they will sign.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Actually I agree with most of this. TNA is tryingt to marcet themselves as a wrestling show for real wrestling fans, yet what they are doing is nowhere near what they promissed.

Ok, they gave huge pushes to Bobby Roode and Storm, they signed Austin Aries, and let him run with the ball, but... Isn't this something that we were all calling for ages ago ? For how long we wanted to see guys like Storm and Rood higher up the card ? For how long we cried out for TNA to sign best indy talent such as Austin Aries, and just let them be themselves ? Is there one TNA fan who said that he wouldn't want to see Aries getting pushed in the Impact Zone ?

But, it took them soooo fu*king long to hire Aries, and instead of getting Brisocoe Brothers, Kevin Steen, El Generico or Johnny Gargano, we need to suffer through likes od Crimson and Gunner ?!

Instead of watching Alex Shelley, Dough Williams and Kid Kash, we have to put up with that cheap Jersey Shore rip off, Gareth Biscoff and Devon...

Come on now TNA, give us something of you promissed. Less Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc... and more WRESTLING !

·
Registered
40 Posts
"You don't get 6 months to rest after WrestleMania". Thats a quote from one of the WWE commentators, which is pretty much a dig at boxing and figthting spots in general. They take their digs, MMA take their own ones back. King Mo would slaughter Kurt Angle these days. Angle might have made a solid fighter back in the day though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Actually I agree with most of this. TNA is tryingt to marcet themselves as a wrestling show for real wrestling fans, yet what they are doing is nowhere near what they promissed.

Ok, they gave huge pushes to Bobby Roode and Storm, they signed Austin Aries, and let him run with the ball, but... Isn't this something that we were all calling for ages ago ? For how long we wanted to see guys like Storm and Rood higher up the card ? For how long we cried out for TNA to sign best indy talent such as Austin Aries, and just let them be themselves ? Is there one TNA fan who said that he wouldn't want to see Aries getting pushed in the Impact Zone ?

But, it took them soooo fu*king long to hire Aries, and instead of getting Brisocoe Brothers, Kevin Steen, El Generico or Johnny Gargano, we need to suffer through likes od Crimson and Gunner ?!

Instead of watching Alex Shelley, Dough Williams and Kid Kash, we have to put up with that cheap Jersey Shore rip off, Gareth Biscoff and Devon...

Come on now TNA, give us something of you promissed. Less Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc... and more WRESTLING !
So, you want ROH?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more than to see The Briscoes or Kevin Steen hit TNA, but you're talking down on the likes of Crimson and Gunner when they are the wrong people to target. I'm not a fan of either, and I DESPISE how Amazing Red tapped to Jarrett in seconds and his 'little brother' kicked his ass for it, but Crimson and Gunner are pretty much home grown talent. I get it if you're pissed at Hogan, Sting, Flair, Bischoff, Hardy, Anderson, RVD etc. but Crimson and Gunner arent fresh out of another company, TNA has gave these young guys a shot to work their way up. Im not a fan of either but having fresh and young home grown wrestlers is what its all about. What you want to see is ROH sign MCMG, Aries, Styles etc. and have a lot more money.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's funny how everyone thinks anyone can go to ROH and say "hey cornette, I know you love TNA so please let me steal all your talent".

Austin Aries was one in a million shot, he was tired of ROH and was free to get signed.

Unless TNA works on a talent relationship with ROH you will never read - "Impact Wrestling signs the Briscoe Brothers".
wwe has signed roh talent (tyler black, bryan danielson, KOW) when they were stil under contract with roh and roh allowed them to leave. just like when and ecw wrestler was offered a big contract from wwe or wcw back in the day, they would be allowed to leave their current contract out of respect for the wrestler.

(Y)

they need to focus more on the wrestling aspect. they have guys who will go out and give the crowd an awesome match, roode,aj,aries,storm,angle,ray,kaz,mcmg,joe,angle.

but then they throw in dum storylines like aj with dixie. people know they are both married, who is gonna believe this shit. idk where they may go with this, but so far its dumb and unneeded. and im not sayin u cant have a good storyline, abyss/joseph park is great imo.

and u cant tell me wrestling matters when garrett no talent bischoff is out there and he can barely throw a punch. gunner is another who brings nothin to the table imo.

and the wrestler needs character, right? why do we need a jersey fuckin shore character? does any1 even like that show? the only people who watch that show are dumbasses who want to act like them and people who just make fun of their stupid asses. i live in jersey, i seen my share of jersey shore wannabe douches.

and i dont think i taled about alex silva. the guy was terrible in his match. idk if he is better then that, i havent seen much, but thats suppose to be his impression to get onto the main roster. now when u watch that, u would think no contract, right? but he cuts a promo about how he wants to be a wrestler for his father and he gets a contract........WHAT? that shit reminded me of the south park wrestling episode lol.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
"You don't get 6 months to rest after WrestleMania". Thats a quote from one of the WWE commentators, which is pretty much a dig at boxing and figthting spots in general. They take their digs, MMA take their own ones back. King Mo would slaughter Kurt Angle these days. Angle might have made a solid fighter back in the day though.
In WWE an MMA fighter can probably beat the crap out of everyone. But in TNA there are some legit trained amateur fighters... AJ, Joe, and Daniels all have real wrestling experience.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I don't mind Brooke Hogan in TNA. What I DO MIND is how they are going to use her. The last thing pro wrestling needs AND ESPECIALLY TNA is another on-air-authority figure. Its pointless and beyond stupid. Its gotten to the point where people don't try anymore and are just collecting checks. Creative couldn't think of ANYTHING more interesting then Brooke Hogan reprising the same role as Brooks, Tessmacher, and Jarett? BORING.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts