Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Oxlong is a plagiarizing bastard. he has stolen a lot of his columns from The Oratory's hard working and talented writers and passed them off as his own. Such as the Tragedy of Randy Savage series written by a good friend of mine Jon Tyler, who spent COUNTLESS hours researching and writing the series just to have it ripped off by a talentless hack. These pieces can be found here DON'T ADVERTISE.

Mike Oxlong is scum.

N

·
0 Posts
You really shouldn't advertise.

But what the hell? Where did he post it? On this forum? The guy rarely posts anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry wasn't trying to advertise, just citing my source for proof. If you do a search for Mike Oxlongs posts here you will find "his" columns on Randy Savage. I also cheked to see the last time he posted around here and it was this month. He doesn't post much, but iI wanted those who know of him to know what he has done.

N

·
0 Posts
He posted them so long ago. Kinda weird.

But yeah, I can see your point, but had you posted it like a year ago, maybe people would have cared.

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Probably, yeah. Even I'd hit that. (again...)

Yeah, I haven't seen a post from Oxlong in ages. If he posted this month, he must be hanging around a forum I don't check out. :(

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Like Lee said, it was from a year ago. He didn't give credit to anyone else, but anyone reading it could have told it wasn't his own (who'd bother to write as much as he did, for a start?).

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
Depends on what country you reside in. Since Mike is Aussie, the OP can go get ripped.

·
15,672 Posts
You can't pass off someone else's work as your own. Which Oxlong didn't do, he just didn't post a source.

N

·
0 Posts
Flash said:
(who'd bother to write as much as he did, for a start?).
Jon Tyler. :)

Yeah, we don't like people posting stories/news/etc without giving a source. An exception to this could be wrestling news, which is almost always copied and pasted from site-to-site. Still, we don't like people taking others' work without credit. Had he credited Jon Tyler without a link, that would have been fine, too.

But yeah, I didn't feel like going through all the 7 or more posts to lock them. Anyone else can, though.

·
15,672 Posts
Nitemare said:
An exception to this could be wrestling news, which is almost always copied and pasted from site-to-site.
I've always prefered it if people give credit when posting news that's part of a thread. It adds credibility and means that stories can be checked, as often "rumours" aren't even that and are simply fabrication.

N

·
0 Posts
It was a joke, insulting sites for copying and pasting.

It's in the rules that you have to give a source.

u a n00b

1 - 19 of 19 Posts