Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other Mike Knox fans here? I was severely bummed out when news broke that the WWE released him. It's such a shame that they would fire such a talented wrestler. I've been recently watching some of his matches on YouTube, and I'm continually impressed by each match I watch. He was, without a doubt, the total package. Would anyone else like to see him get another run in the WWE?

Oh yea, did I mention that he also had an amazing beard? His beard definitely helped his character a lot. That guy looked legitimately intimidating.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I wasn't a big fan of Knox in his early angle with Kelly Kelly but as his beard grew and his persona grew into a Bruiser Brody type kick ass wrestler he really grew on me and I had hoped he would get a push as a no holds barred monster but the WWE dropped the ball, I do hope somebody gives him a chance he is very talented

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Don't think the term "total package" quite applies to Mike Knox, but, I liked him and was sad when he was released. I thought his evil doctor gimmick had decent potential.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Mike Knox was the future big man in WWE, he has an unique look and style.

Another wrestler wasted because of WWE being completely stupid at booking the midcard.
When you finally thought WWE was going to use Knox they never did, they gave him the professor type gimmick but wouldn't give him TV time or a proper feud, it was a good gimmick and actually original unlike all the rehash gimmicks now.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
Mike Knox was the future big man in WWE, he has an unique look and style.

Another wrestler wasted because of WWE being completely stupid at booking the midcard.
When you finally thought WWE was going to use Knox they never did, they gave him the professor type gimmick but wouldn't give him TV time or a proper feud, it was a good gimmick and actually original unlike all the rehash gimmicks now.
u mad because one of your favourites didn't make it?

I quite enjoyed Knox but his look wasn't 'unique' and his professor gimmick was only slightly different from the usual psychopathic gimmicks that get rehashed.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The Tag Team of Mike Knox and his Gut i miss. No but seriously he reminded me of Bruiser Brody as far as looks go. And he was very good.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
His theme was kickass.

But a guy like him in the 'E, wasn't surprised he got the FE treatment.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He has creepy voice, he has amazing beard, he can wrestle well, he reads anatomy books, these automatically make it a win for me. I never saw him as main event potential though, but he's clearly misused, he should have been a tag team guy at least, not a jobber.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I was a big Knox fan. He's very good in the ring compared to most 'big men', and his evil doctor gimmick had potential. And of course I loved the beard. I wouldn't have minded seeing him get an IC Title run or two, but que sera sera.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I was a big Knox fan as well, and by the literal definition of the term, he was, in fact, a "total package."

When you can wrestle, you can talk, you have charisma, you have a good gimmick, and you have a good look, that's everything you need to be a total package. Some people just were never willing to give Knox that label.

With how he was usually booked, I can understand why. The only term we were ever able to use with Knox was "potential."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.