Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He should've started his WWE stint in NXT, in my opinion.

Mike Kanellis has not been seen in WWE since requesting his release from the company, but tonight he returned to the ring at an NXT live event.

Kanellis teamed with Tony Nese at a live event in Melbourne, Florida on Friday night.

Mike last appeared on WWE TV back in September. The following month he posted a statement on social media saying he had requested his release from the company, just months after he and his wife Maria Kanellis signed new five-year contracts.

“Working one day a week is just not going to cut it for me,” Kanellis said in October. “I came to WWE to work and that opportunity does not exist right now.”

No word at this time as to whether he’ll be featured in NXT going forward

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
The angle with Maria killed any credibility he had left. I don't see this going anywhere as far as him doing anything relevant in NXT. I think they just needed a lower card heel to team with Tony Nese in a dark match.

It would have been really cool to see him, Maria and Chelsea reform their faction they had in TNA but there is no chance of that happening.

·
Mr Big Shot
16 Posts
Mike is an average wrestler and talker. I don’t see why wwe didn’t adhere to his request to be released. He would not be a miss at all. Nothing special

·
Registered
577 Posts
Kanellis is a solid worker and Nese always puts on a good performance. I guess they are trying something to revive the tag team division. A thrown-together Dunne/Riddle team is the most interesting thing in it right now.

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
I remember seeing him in local indy shows and this guys' gimmick has always been 'hey I have a wife who is more talented, well known, and charismatic than me'. Enhancement talent is where he belongs honestly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts