Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few matches with this guy and have been blown away. He is far and away the best star on the indys right now, he has the potential to be main eventing Wrestlemanias, heck he can easily be the guy they build up to be the next face of the WWE. What is his best work so that I can seek it out?

·
HEADBANGA
23,498 Posts
I watched his ROH matches and he's boring in my eyes. I'm not sold on him but apparently he's doing something right to stay getting booked by them.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Probably the best character AND wrestler in ROH, especially since SBG took over. Ridiculously underrated wrestling diamond.

·
Registered
557 Posts
"best star on the indys right now"
"underrated wrestling diamond"

Wow. Maybe I've just seen way more of this guy, but No. Not really. The gimmick is just Heel 101. Really basic stuff and when they use him right, it is very effective. I was absolutely bored to tears during his match with Lance Storm, a somewhat respectable worker who has done good things during his retired years with talented workers like Hero and Danielson. Hopefully they were just holding back for the rematch.

But yeah, there's no real stand out performance to recommend, since he's not really a stand out performer. Mike Bennett has never stolen the show.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Bennett is okay if you like super by-the-books heels. Which isn't really a knock on him, he's good in his role, but if he's blowing you away then you need to go watch some better wrestling.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Only good heel in ROH.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
He's probably one of the best heels on the indys at the moment. I think he's awesome. He's solid in the ring, a good promo guy and he looks like a million dollars. ROH should take there time with him and let him improve and he could be a great top guy in their company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts