Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your opinions about this guy?
He is gonna be something or not. Witout Maria he could be good as he is now.
And how is all CM Punk thing started. Do you have any video ?

·
#OVER
11,548 Posts
Completely average. The sort of lame heel I'd expect in the WWE lower-midcard. I used to expect better from ROH.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I think he's decent for the kind of wrestler/gimmick he is. His attitude combined with his cookie cutter looks garners instant heat, but it's the additions of both Brutal Bob and Maria that make his character really interesting, otherwise he'd be pretty bland. Decent in-ring work, but I wouldn't expect a MOTYC.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You never know who'll wind up being a star given the right opportunity. Bennett has a solid foundation with his look, mic skills & charisma, and he's developed into a fairly effective heel character after initially being a guy ROH fans hated purely because they thought he sucked.

In order to evolve beyond the level of your cookie cutter WWE mid-card heel, he needs to learn to inject way more personality into his matches, which can be dead boring. The guy's still young, so he definitely has the potential, but he could just as easily wind up as an also-ran.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
One of the best characters AND wrestlers in ROH, especially since SBG took over. Also, I'm a huge fan.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It seems that Bennett is one of the few that still carries on the mantra of Less Is More in wrestling. I like him, and I like the slow build for him by ROH.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Made an excellent transition to TV , his involvement with Maria is one of the best things that could of happened. It took me a while to warm to Bennett but he can be great at times. He has great chemistry with Edwards and I'd love to see a fued down the line.

He screams WWE , but that's what makes him great in ROH.If he ever did go to WWE , I'd doubt he'd amount to much as he has nothing going for him that would seperate him from the rest of WWE's lower and midcard heels. Who knows though , he's young and gifted and hopefully he proves me wrong as the potential is there.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't think I've seen enough to really judge, but he seems to bring a very different style to the ROH roster. I know some people liked it, but I thought his feud with Lethal wasn't really that interesting or well put together.

Just curious, is there some character reason he is sporting an upside down cross on his attire?

·
HEADBANGA
23,299 Posts
He's absolute garbage. He sucks in the ring and on the mic. The only thing worthwhile about him is that fact that he has Maria in his corner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts