Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if this need a thread on its own but hell i think it is a really good read. I agree with him not because he suggests Bryan vs Brock(which of course it is a match i want) but mostly that they should focus on a main event based on the guys who are fighting and not the Authority..

Here is what Mick Foley suggests

Mick Foley said:
MY RUMBLE WISH

It was two weeks i'll go that I said I was going to be taking a break from Facebook until after the ‪#‎RoyalRumble‬. After all, it was my comments surrounding the Rumble last year that altered my relationship with WWE in a not so positive way.. But it's the Rumble man – in my opinion, the second biggest event of the year, and in some ways the most fun and most meaningful.

Of course, Wrestlemania is bigger – but if Mania is Christmas Day, the Rumble is like the beginning to that countdown to the most awesome day of the year, and depending on how well this event goes, many of us start thinking that ‪#‎Mania‬/Christmas is either going to rule… or suck, depending on the outcome of the Rumble.

This, then, is my Rumble wish for you. Quite simply, I want to see Daniel Bryan win the Rumble, so that Paul Heyman can take the reigns and dazzle us with promos which will make Bryan vs Lesnar the greatest David vs Goliath story in recent memory. The Authority can put their stamp on some other match on the card but I would love to see the WWE World Heavyweight championship be about the GUYS IN THE MATCH- and not about who is in power in the company. Besides, despite my sincere wish not to burn my bridge with WWE, making control of the company a central theme in this Mania is kind of like the boy crying wolf - given the magnitude of the stipulation at Survivor Series and the whopping five weeks for which it meant something.

During Daniel's nine month in ring absence, I think many of us have forgotten just how good he is from what we in wrestling refer to as "fighting from underneath". For all the knocks on Brock's infrequent television appearances, WWE, Brock and Heyman have done an amazing job turning Lesnar into the most imposing unbreakable wall that WWE has ever constructed.

At wrestlemania, I would like to see Daniel Bryan systematically chip away at that wall, knock it down, and give the WWE universe a victory they can savor...and more importantly, look forward to. The best present is the one that sits under the tree, neatly wrapped, ready to be torn into on Christmas Day.

There's no need to overthink it. Tie it up in a bow with a Bryan victory at the Rumble, and let us all start counting down the days until we get to open it.

Tell me what you think.
Have a nice day.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Wishful thinking from Mick, it's set in stone Reigns is winning the Rumble. They always go the obvious route for the rumble.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Mick Foley is at it kissing Bryan's ass again... It was pretty sad last year when he smashed his TV over something that has nothing to do with him, but this is getting ridiculous now.. Bryan is not winning anything at the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mick Foley is at it kissing Bryan's ass again... It was pretty sad last year when he smashed his TV over something that has nothing to do with him, but this is getting ridiculous now.. Bryan is not winning anything at the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania.
Because you know.. Kissing Bryan's ass will get him far in the WWE :ti :ti :ti

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Foley understands that the WWE universe wants Bryan to succeed. Unfortunately I never believed Bryan was going to win the Rumble. I never got my hopes ups because I knew it was the Cena show and now the Reigns show. As unfair as it is that Reigns hit the genetic lottery (Wrestling family and wrestling look) it's not something I hate him for. Bryan is our hero but not theirs. It's unfortunate for us but that's just how it is.

Edit: Want to add MOST of the WWE universe want Bryan to succeed. Wouldn't want to speak for the minority that doesn't.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Mick Foley also wanted to get Punk and Samoa joe into wwe back in 04/05 in a storyline with him but it was nixed by Vince. Foley knows talent and what the fans want.
Watch this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=23lDcanhC6w

Bryan/Lesnar hhas to happend. No other match comes close in terms of storyline and performance. Rollins/Orton in a 20 min co mainevent. Reigns/Rusev, Cena&Hogan vs heelteam, Bray/Taker or hhh/sting depending on if taker comes back or not. Add in Ambrose to win the memorial battle royal, Ziggler vs Neville or Cesaro for the ic title and a divas match either Paige/Aj, Aj/Steph or four horsewomen vs Natalya,Paige and bellas and you got one HELL of a mania card.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Will mick break his tv again if Bryan doesn't win the rumble? That's something I like to see him doing again

·
Banned
73 Posts
Of course Foley relates to and marks for Bryan. He was also a flabby ugly wrestler who had to play the "I'm just like you, fans" card to get over. Only he did it a lot better than Bryan could ever dream of.

And don't worry all you distressed Bryan fan boys, he will have a nice little mid card feud with Sheamus, or hell, he may even get Rusev if he keeps up the hard work!!!

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
I can see it now. Vince reads what Foley wrote and says to HHH "that's all the chair shots an concussions talking mick doesn't know shit"

·
Daddy's Home
2,943 Posts
Make this happen:

1) Lesnar(C) vs Bryan: Guest Ref - John Cena
2) HHH vs Sting
3) Rollins vs Ambrose vs Orton
4) Undertaker vs Wyatt
5) Rusev(C) vs Reigns
6) Andre the Giant Battle Royal
7) Nikki(C) vs Paige vs AJ
8) Barrett(C) vs Ziggler vs Harper vs Jericho

Pre-Show:
1) Uso's(C) vs Cesaro/Kidd

Don't care about all of the outcomes, but I'd definitely have...

1) Cesaro/Kidd win the tag titles
2) Sandow win the Battle Royal by eliminating Miz, leading to a feud
3) Bryan beat Lesnar, only to get AA'd by Cena - cash-in by Rollins - Cena joins Authority.

That would be my dream WM, at least...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I just don't understand your Bryan hate. The man comes from the same mold as all those wrestlers you list as your favorites if not more so.

Every wrestler you list there are for Bryan as not only has he done things that were unheard of years ago for a man his size but he has helped worked and has mutual respect with every wrestler you like on your list.

I just don't understand the hate for a man who is a blueprint of everything you seem to like about Wrestling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.