Wrestling Forum banner

Mick Foley

3174 Views 30 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  cactus_jack22
Sorry, but I do not watch TNA regularly...so I do not know the answer to this question.

I have been watching a lot of Impact! lately and have yet to see Mick Foley...(it's been a few months).

Is he still under contract with TNA? If so...how come he is never used in storyline?

Any chance of Foley returning to WWE?

Thanks.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Sgt. Pepper
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's still under contract but it seems like TNA has absolutely no idea what to do with him and I can understand the company. The guy should retire.
No offense, but I don't really understand the "guy should retire" logic. TNA puts Flair, Hogan, Sting, and Scott Steiner (All OLD washed up wrestlers), on TV. Why single out Foley, who's younger and more hardcore than them?

· Registered
9,930 Posts
No offense, but I don't really understand the "guy should retire" logic. TNA puts Flair, Hogan, Sting, and Scott Steiner (All OLD washed up wrestlers), on TV. Why single out Foley, who's younger and more hardcore than them?
Hogan is doing a good job as the boss of the company.
Sting still looks good in the ring.
Flair is GOD.
Steiner is a genius in promos.

Foley? Can barely walk and I don't know what he could do other than that. I don't think TNA needs him.

· Sgt. Pepper
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flair is GOD.

Foley? Can barely walk and I don't know what he could do other than that. I don't think TNA needs him.
Why won't they release him? Does anyone know how much time is left on Foley's contract? I could seriously see him as the RAW GM.

· Registered
3,147 Posts
Mick's not on TV right now because he can't wrestle. Mick was able to wrestle regularly from spring 2009 to spring 2010 but when his body gave out around that time, there were too many authority figures (Hogan/Bischoff/Dixie) for him to go back to it. If Mick's body was in shape to wrestle once or twice a month like he was back then he'd be on TV, but it looks like 09-10 was his last run as a regular in ring wrestler. It was a great run. I hope we get to see Mick a bit more before his contract is up.

· Registered
1,415 Posts
i wouldnt be surprised if foley has some backstage type of job working with the talent more now. the guy wrecked his body for so many years and he has a great mind for wrestling. they would be retarded to not keep him in some creative capacity imo.

· Registered
3,461 Posts
I have been watching a lot of Impact! lately and have yet to see Mick Foley...(it's been a few months).
Foley only been on tv twice since October. It was during the Mr Anderson/Matt Morgon concussion angle.

Is he still under contract with TNA? If so...how come he is never used in storyline?
Yes until August, I think TNA doesn't know what do do with him right now. Because Foley is in pretty bad shape physically and can't wrestle very often or at least as much as he did in 09-10 for TNA. So basically Foley can only be used as a mouth piece right now, and with guys like Flair, Hogan, Bischoff already on the show. There's not really room for Foley on the show, and Foley doesn't want to take tv time away from the young guys by making writers find something for him to do that's not really important. That said I wouldn't be surprised if we see Foley return in April and possibly be involved in a match. TNA is releasing a best of Mick Foley dvd in April, so they will want him on tv to hype it.

Any chance of Foley returning to WWE?
I think there's a very good chance of that in the future. At first things seemed rocky with Vince/Foley. But it appears that Foley and WWE are now on good terms with Foley supporting Linda in her run for senate and WWE hyping Foley book while he was under TNA contract.

Why won't they release him? Does anyone know how much time is left on Foley's contract? I could seriously see him as the RAW GM.
Guys like Foley don't get released, and TNA respects the hell out of Mick. Not to mention Dixie loves Foley and they still believe there's money to be made off him. Which is why they are releasing a best of Foley in TNA dvd and will probably have him do a match or two more before he leaves the company in August. Plus lets not forget when Mick is used in a big angle on tv it usually equals big ratings for TNA. As for Raw GM? Maybe someday, but that's obviously not in the plans right now with Foley still under contract with TNA

· Registered
3,461 Posts
Flair is GOD.

If Sting still good in the ring then so is Foley. Are we quick to forget that Foley/Flair and Foley/Jarrett. Which were Foley last two TNA matches were pretty good. That said I dunno how well he will be in the ring right now with him wrestling basically two matches in the last year. But that doesn't mean you should be bias(because you are fans of those guys and not Mick) and say stuff that's incorrect.

· Premium Member
6,390 Posts
If Mick's body was in shape to wrestle once or twice a month like he was back then he'd be on TV, but it looks like 09-10 was his last run as a regular in ring wrestler. It was a great run...
A busted ass Mic Foley winning the TNA WHC was a freaking disgrace. It was an insult to all the young guys who put in every time out, trying to make a name for themselves and the company.

If Sting still good in the ring then so is Foley. Are we quick to forget that Foley/Flair and Foley/Jarrett.
Wow! What world do you live in? Sting could get him by a truck and still be more mobile than Foley. Sting, in an unconscious state, could do better than Foley vs. Nash.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
He's a very intelligent and funny man. He'd be good in creative, as a backstage interviewer, and occasional match commentator. Something akin to Piper's Pit would be pretty neat.

I'm baffled that they have used him all of two times in the past year. Fuckin' A, Shark Boy and the Nasty Boys and Orlando Jordan saw more action than that.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
I want to see Mick Foley vs Jeff Hardy in some hardcore stuff. I'm not kidding.

· Registered
72 Posts
Put him on commentary instead of Tazz, or have him play a role in the Jarrett/Angle feud, anything! He may not be any use in the ring, but he's such a household, popular name it's too much of a good opportunity to throw away. He's got a mind for the business, and if he's not going to be taking up an on-screen role, that's what he should be used for, same applies to Dreamer and Raven before he left.

· Registered
4,251 Posts
so basicly a whole thread full of guesswork? great.

he said on twitter his back is giving him major problems. maybe thats something to do with it or he just has other things going on. hes not spoke enthusiastically about tna for some time now, hopefully he will just quit. then hopefully angle will follow.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.