Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mick Foley spoke with SunSport’s WrestleCast show recently and told them that TNA had plans for him to do a major heel turn. You can listen to the show at this link.

Foley said:

“This is breaking news, and maybe I’ll get in trouble for this, but TNA had discussed me doing a big heel turn. But with this anti-bullying campaign we’re doing and coming off an award for reasonableness I was given by Jon Stewart, it just didn’t seem right. To be hitting people with my reasonableness award on TV would be funny, I could have done a couple of weeks of good television. But in the bigger picture — and I think TNA has got to start looking at the bigger picture more often — I could be a lot more effective as somebody who goes out there and talks about serious issues.”

Foley also talked about wanting more wrestling in TNA:

“I remember being in a 10 man match with some really good wrestlers and the whole thing was over in five minutes. Sometimes the wrestling almost seems like an afterthought. You’re doing it at 5.30 in the afternoon in a theme park. I still think there should be more wrestling. That’s my major complaint. We have the guys who can do it. It is a wrestling show. It is called Total Nonstop Action. It’s an easy solution. I still think it should be more wrestling-driven. That way when you do your angles it means more. Your promos mean more. I hope they give it a try.”
Mick already tried as a heel last year, and it flopped.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
What's that you say Mick? A Jersey Shore Fist Pump Showdown? You fucking got it.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he was also a fan of Cody Deaner's act(got it from Deaner's interview after he got released).

The unprotected chair shots to the head have damaged his brain very bad.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Foley's been a natural babyface for 12 years - it's nearly impossible for a heel turn to work now.He's spot on about the laughable lack of actually action in the inaptly named Total Nonstop Action.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
1.) Heel turn won't work no matter how hard he tries (if he was talking about himself turning), he's too respected by now.

2.) TNA only has AJ, Joe, Lethal and Doug Williams currently who can be counted as good wrestlers, the rest is either inactive (Angle, Wofle), decent (Roode, MCMG, Red, Bucks), or worse. TNA in 2010 has a far more sports entertainment-like then pro wresting roster, trying to pretend it's 2004-2006 all over again won't work that well.

·
Registered
858 Posts
People here who are saying he can't do it no matter how hard he tried probably said Hardy couldn't be a heel. Regardless the more important thing is for him to be a major heel, he needs major screen time. I don't want that at all.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
TNA needs heels that aren't in Fortune / Immortal. Everything is faction based. It was just like the NWO was, if you weren't in the NWO, you didn't matter heel-wise.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
I can't see what benefits there are to a heel run from Mick at this point in time, Glad this heel turn didn't happen, I do agree about his sentiments about more Action though.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I wonder if Mick was gonna have Rhino role as the EV 2.0 guy who turns heel? As for the people who claim Foley heel turn flopped last year. Well thats because he was never a full fledge heel. He would do heelish things, but then do comedy skits with JB and such things like that. For a beloved wrestler like Foley to turn heel, he needs to be evil. He's gotta be attacking wrestlers, he's gotta be bashing the fans and such things like that. The silly happy Mick can't be around mixed in with the heel. For example evil badass Cactus Jack type heel would be pretty cool, especially in a big feud with some younger wrestler.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if Mick was gonna have Rhino role as the EV 2.0 guy who turns heel? As for the people who claim Foley heel turn flopped last year. Well thats because he was never a full fledge heel. He would do heelish things, but then do comedy skits with JB and such things like that. For a beloved wrestler like Foley to turn heel, he needs to be evil. He's gotta be attacking wrestlers, he's gotta be bashing the fans and such things like that. The silly happy Mick can't be around mixed in with the heel. For example evil badass Cactus Jack type heel would be pretty cool, especially in a big feud with some younger wrestler.
I was mostly referring to his feud with Abyss.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Foleys heel turn with Abyss was for about three weeks. While he still has some silly moments it's true, he was a lot less then his other heel turn. But the reason Foley so called heel turn didn't work in that feud had more to due to Abyss being a crappy face. So a lot of the fans were still on Micks side when he was calling a Abyss a cheap Mick Foley knock off and things like that.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Dammit will TNA just stop with the random Heel/Face turns? Oh no they won't cuz that idiot Russo is till runnin shit. I mean seriously TNA seems to average 2-3 Heel/Face turns every 4 months. Actually it feels like every 5 mins.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Time after time weve read interview from TNA or exTNA wrestlers who say things like, "we need more wrestling" or "give the young guys a chance" but they never do. Personally, I think Spike TV are the ones who want the WWE rejects to be featured.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
It's funny: Foley wants more wrestling, but that would mean less Foley.
I think he's fine with that. I have heard him in a lot of interviews saying that TNA use to use him too much in backroom skits and stuff. He's told them to cut down on this, and thats why Foley doesn't get used unless he's part of a angle. While a year ago, he had 10 minutes of air-time just about every week even when he wasn't wrestling. I guess a guy like Foley gets paid either way, and he doesn't really care about his spot in the company or whatever. So he could push for things like this, even if it means we see less of him. Personally I'm curious too see what Mick does next. When he returns after Final Resolution, now that all his book tour stuff is over and EV 2.0 is basically dead. If TNA was smart they would have him put over a younger wrestler like a Samoa Joe or someone else like that. The matches would be better with him in the ring with a younger guy, and Foley has a history of doing a good job putting guys over. Thats basically all WWE did with Foley from 04-07, while in TNA he's just been used in dream match ups like Sting,Angle,Nash,Jarrett and Flair. Even Abyss was a dream match the IWC wanted to see at one point.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Time after time weve read interview from TNA or exTNA wrestlers who say things like, "we need more wrestling" or "give the young guys a chance" but they never do. Personally, I think Spike TV are the ones who want the WWE rejects to be featured.
I used to think that but I don't think Spike cares anymore. They like Heyman idea's and one of his plans was to get rid of any wrestler over 40.

I think after the Hogan and MNW flop, SPike could care less anymore.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts