Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just made me laugh.

sescoops said:
Michael McGroto wrote the following concerning a sign he brought to Tuesday’s SmackDown television taping in Louisville, Kentucky stating “Michelle McTaker”: “Just wanted to pass along the word about the Smackdown taping last night in Louisville that my “Michelle McTaker” sign had been confiscated by the WWE during the Layla/Baretta vs. Masters/Kelly Kelly match despite being held up several times throughout the night. Many of the superstars that were in the ring waiting for their match to begin or were on stage for NXT noticed my sign and either laughed or shrugged their shoulders nervously. Just shows the power of the WWE to hide relationships and the amount of power the Undertaker has backstage with the rest of the guys.”

Michelle McCool married fellow WWE performer Mark Calaway (a/k/a The Undertaker) on June 26, 2010 in Austin, Texas.
:lmao

Pretty predictable. We've fallen a long ways since the days of a decade ago when there were so many signs in the stands you could barely see anything.

So much for audience expression.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
Wonder if any of the wrestlers that saw it snitched on the dude.

And what the hell is with the Sign Nazi's that is the WWE management?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
And what the hell is with the Sign Nazi's that is the WWE management?
i'm guessing that if it's in the camera's direction and it's inappropriate, it'll get confiscated

if a fan has a sign that says 'CENA SUCKS' but it's behind the camera view then it'll be okay. i'm saying this because there's signs that are bad like one time there was a 'THE JIZ' sign but it wasn't in the camera's direction, it just showed it a split second where it showed cole and king talk. it was about 15 rows back, no biggie.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is there a loop hole for the sign to not be confiscated?

I mean, it's not like the sign said "The Undertaker and Michelle McCool were married on June 26, 2010 in Austin, Texas". I mean, what's a kid going to even think when he/she sees it? They're not going to get the joke anyway.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
That is a quality sign idea, shame it was taken however I think more fans will bring "McTaker" signs after this. I'm guessing the 'E was doing this for kayfabe related reasons rather than Undertakers backstage pull.

·
Premium Member
43,592 Posts
Wow really?

I could understand if the sign said "Michelle fucks Taker" or "Michelle is a cocksucking whore". I recall one sign at Fully Loaded 1998 where fans along the row were holding up letters to spell out "Suck It" but the S was flipped over to reveal and F. I don't remember reading that the sign had been taken away, but I could understand if it was.

However, if the sign is not vulgar, taking it away is just silly. Some of those signs are fun! Remember all the "Kane is my Dentist" signs that popped up in 98-99. Its just people having fun. What's the big deal?

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
What has the WWE become taking away signs like that, if it was swearing or something and it was on TV then yeah I can understand but that? Really?

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
yeah see this proves my point, the sign was in in the camera's view. wwe had every right to do it.
Every right? hardly. It's not like it was offensive, or anything like that.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
At least they are trying to protect which is pretty much the only part of kayfabe that is left in the WWE (The Undertaker's character). Seems pointless though when the rest of the roster just shoot it to shit on Twitter. Getting married = BAD - but telling us about your exploits on CoD MW2 when you're supposed to be a crazy little leprechaun that doesn't speak = GOOD.

Personally, my opinion on the sign is this - the Michelle is written in nice block capitals whilst the McTaker goes into some homosexual joined up writing shit. Not a good consistency for my liking, and I would be the first to suggest the font variations is the real reason why this sign was confiscated.

·
Undergoing a gimmick change.
2,385 Posts
It's stupid how they do this, yet acknowledge he has been married before. I guess it's not the same, seeing as McCool is a polar opposite to the Undertaker in terms of character, but if people didn't know they were married already, they wouldn't understand the sign.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts