Wrestling Forum banner

Would you like to see Michelle McCool return?

• Yes

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could former WWE Diva Michelle McCool be returning to WWE soon? Per a recent report, it seems to be a possibility.

McCool can be considered one of the company's success stories. Signed by WWE after the 2004 Diva Search, the former teacher had no wrestling experience whatsoever and initially appeared to be simply another generic model who wouldn't last long on the roster.

However, the star persevered, eventually turning into a very respectable women's worker and participating in great matches with the likes of Mickie James and Natalya. LayCool, her tag team tandem with Layla El, emerged as one of the company's very best heel acts (they were essentially WWE's version of TNA's Beautiful People group), with McCool showing previously unseen personality and comedic timing.

McCool retired in May 2011 to spend more time with her husband, Mark Calaway aka The Undertaker. In August of last year she gave birth to the couple's first child. More recently, McCool, along with The Undertaker, made a visit to WWE's new performance center in Orlando to talk and train with the wrestlers, via WrestlingInc.

Interestingly, the Diva's appearance at the developmental system appears to have sparked speculation of a potential return to the company. Bryan Alvarez noted in this week's (subscribers only) F4W Newsletter:

One WWE source said, "She looks amazing now, better than when she was with the company." It was noted that a year ago she was in serious talks about coming back, and the feeling was that now would be a good time because she could make it back in time to set up a run leading into a big WrestleMania payoff.

Certainly, the division could use more good female wrestlers. Of the current crop of girls, only A.J. Lee, Layla and Natalya can really go in the ring. Everyone else is either too inexperienced (Eva Marie, JoJo), too green (Naomi) or too sloppy and botch-prone (The Bella Twins).

So, what do you think? Should WWE bring back the former Divas champion?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1779089-could-a-former-wwe-diva-be-returning?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=wwe

·
Banned
598 Posts
my dream match Michelle McCool vs Trishelle McWarm

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
I hope not. She sucks. Layla was the straw that stirred that drink.
McCool was easily better than Layla. Layla's improved in the ring but Michelle was great towards the end of her career. I hope she ends up returning.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Well, with Lita and Trish Startus out of the picture, McCool really is the only retired Diva, who could come back and make a significant impact in the Division as a realistic option for a return. So yeah, as far as "great" (using that word very loosely) Divas goes, McCool is the best you're going to get right now.

McCool VS AJ would be the most obvious match that could generate some buzz for Wrestlemania XXX. It would be interesting to see if McCool would re-team with Layla to form Flawless again, because along with AJ, McCool and Layla as Flawless has been one of the few entertaining acts in the Divas division over the last two or three years. If an AJ VS McCool feud culminates into a Wrestlemania match, I would hope AJ gets the win on the big stage, because McCool has nothing to gain.

As far as the inevitable "she only got her spot because of Taker" complaints go, meh. Doesn't bother me too much. As Jack Hammer pointed out, McCool is actually someone, who can go in the ring. The Bellas receive some so much shit, because their matches are terrible and/or a chore to sit through 99% of the time.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
No, she was one of the worst divas on the roster especially during the cringe worthy LayCool segments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts