Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching NXT last night, I was thinking that this 'streak' Michael McGillicutty is on could be leading up to something bigger for his inevitable step up into the big time, even though they have given him a new name, they haven't exactly tried to hide who he is, I'm just wondering that they are looking to give him a Perfect record so he can either take over the mantle of his old man, or claim he is better than him.

Anyone else had similar thoughts?

·
I GOT ALOT LEFT IN THE TANK
4,541 Posts
I thought about this and it definitely seems that way. Infact it seems like if McGillicutty didn't have a flawless record he wouldn't have much to say in his promos. (All of his recent ones referenced his undefeated streak. Still I have to wonder why they don't come right out and say he has a "perfect" record. It seemed like he was going to say it last night but he paused for a bit and instead said "whateber and zero".

Either way, beyond Kofi Kingston being his pro, I'm not too interested in him yet.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
He's nothing like his father. And it seems he never will be.

Plus I'd personally not have another 'superstar' have their fathers gimmick. It's annoying as fuck with Ted DiBiase JR and it will be annoying with this dude.

I'm glad Cody doesn't have the polka dot gimmick. My god, that would be hell. fpalm

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't agree with every guy taking their old mans gimmicks but with Ted DiBiase although I'm not an actual fan of the guy, his character does make sense, especially considering his old man still makes an appearance or two from time to time, I'd also not be to down to see Hennig use his old mans gimmick, if his dad was perfect then it would be only natural that he would want to better him, the Cody Rhodes situation is entirely different, we are talking about two fantastic characters in the MDM and Mr Perfect and one lousy character in 'The American Dream' which was basically just given to him as an insult, the fact Dusty made it work somewhat is a testament to him as a performer

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
But Henning's son has to be naturally perfect to take up the gimmick, something he is not.

Curt Henning was however, more or less perfect.

·
Asuka
96,239 Posts
He might have a perfect record the whole season through but I really can't see WWE doing that. If they're planning on having him replace his dad as Mr. Perfect, don't. Ted Jr stealing his father's identity hasn't worked for him and Joe stealing Perfect's identity won't work for him.

I'm thinking that since he got into it with Miz, Miz is gonna end up costing him a match to Riley, which spoils his perfect record and levels the playing field, since him and Riley appear to be fueding and it's obvious that NXT is going to come down to the 2 of them.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i think that the wwe is trying to build him as his own character but not completely get away from the accomplishments of his dad. since people already know that he is the son of mr perfect, the wwe is going to use his father's likeness, not gimmick, but likeness to get him over. i think it would be a great idea for the wwe to do a storyline where mcguillicuty is tired of leaving in his father's shadow and he works to prove that he could even more perfect than his father, culminating with michael doing something his father never did. win the heavyweight title. but ofcourse for that to happen he has to win nxt to get the ppv title shot.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Michael Mcgillicutty is the most stupidly awesome name ever , he must continue this record , win NXT and become a pro and keep the stupid name

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
He might have a perfect record the whole season through but I really can't see WWE doing that. If they're planning on having him replace his dad as Mr. Perfect, don't. Ted Jr stealing his father's identity hasn't worked for him and Joe stealing Perfect's identity won't work for him.

I'm thinking that since he got into it with Miz, Miz is gonna end up costing him a match to Riley, which spoils his perfect record and levels the playing field, since him and Riley appear to be fueding and it's obvious that NXT is going to come down to the 2 of them.
I agree with Pyro. I think they'll keep him undefeated for a while, but someone (most definately Riley) will end his streak near the end of the season.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts

So, in the last episode we'll have a triple threat match with Riley, McGillicutty and Kaval (who'll most likely be #3)? That would be a good match to watch, and maybe Riley will get the win there, without even pinning McGill...Hennig.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts