Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from 411mania from the Louisville Tapings

Elgin got a visual fall on Davey Richards, while referee Todd Sinclair was on the floor arguing with Truth Martini. Edwards then clamped a sleeper on Elgin on the mat, and knocked him out. Richards crawled on top of Elgin, and the ref got back in and counted three. Richards didn't see Edwards put Elgin's lights out, so he was confused after the match exactly how he won it.

Apparently Elgin had Richards down for the 3 count with a Powerbomb, which means he pinned the world champ.

Edwards saved Richards by choking out Elgin allowing him to get the 3.

Anyone else think this could be a setup for Elgin to win SOTF and take on Davey for the title?

Out of the big 3 talents to get pushed this year (Tommaso, Bennet and Elgin), Elgin has by far been the most impressive.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
seems more like a set up for Edwards/Richards rematch, but also gets Elgin a little more over. Eddie saved Davey which adds to their next match, while Elgin looks strong.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Yeah, Richards/Elgin sounds nice. I hope they book it.

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
I would actually like to see Elgin get the title. Then again I like a heel over a face so I'm biased in that aspect.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering Aries got it within like a year

I dont think its a stretch for Elgin to get a push taking out ROH's golden boy of Honor

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Elgin is a BEAST, one of the brightest shining stars in ROH.

Elgin, Cole & O'Reilly are all going to play a big part in ROH's future.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Elgin is a BEAST, one of the brightest shining stars in ROH.

Elgin, Cole & O'Reilly are all going to play a big part in ROH's future.
I see a bright future for ANX and the Bravados as well

I hear Bucks vs Bravados was one of the top 3 of the night

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Imagine Elgin vs Steen. The Beast vs the Monster, now that would/will be a great bout.

·
Ramble On
11,084 Posts
Yeah, Elgin to win SOTF. They should start pushing him hard really soon. He's awesome and I give it a few years before he's the champ. I love a good monster champion, thats why Morishima's reign was one of my favorites, and it's why I'm liking Henry in WWE at the minute.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts