Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think last night they went off boundaries. They're not only trolling the hell out of NXT(like usual), they're trolling pro wrestling in general(which isn't too hard).

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
They're still the funniest announce team since J.R. & King in their prime.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts
Michael Cole, head of the WWE internet division pretty much. He knows what people on the internet say, he knows how the IWC feel yet he trolls most people successfully every week. This is why I've marked for Cole for years, he's done his job exceptionally well as an announcer. He preys on trolling about him, he can turn it around and use it.

I think he's an exceptionally good character, I'm not on the bandwagon. I've been a Cole mark since I joined this forum :)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I like all the bashing NXT commentry they usually do but they went too far when one of the two said that it wasn't real.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Yeah, we know it's fake, but blatantly and openly killing kayfabe by announcers isn't funny or pushing any journalistic envelopes, it's just lame.

It'd be like watching some nature show where a guy is approaching a deadly tiger or something, and he turns to the camera and says, "Don't worry! I'm not in any REAL danger. There are 12 guys off camera with rifles. If that thing even looks at me funny, it eats lead and we'll edit something else in."

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I like all the bashing NXT commentry they usually do but they went too far when one of the two said that it wasn't real.
I agree. That was really unprofessional. However, I was cracking up when Josh said that the minister was Al Wilson.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
What's strange about this whole NXT revolt is that, you can't but enjoy this car crash, as it is in plain sight and both drivers are you're two most hated foes, foes of yours that even your own faith you'd take a back seat to watching them crash into each other.

But then again, whta kind of message does it send to their younger audience... They've been rekindling with kayfabe and with the help of one John Cena going after the 8-15 demographic through the parents of those young kids... but what kind of confusion do they want to have happen here.

They see the same guy on both shows (i.e. Goldust), but, on one show they're supposed to take his quests seriously, and the other, getting ridiculed by the same people who try and sell 'em to us...

This whole thing is pure WWE once again, mind-boggling.

·
Banned
311 Posts
I personally think this is fine. Michael Cole is actually starting to develop a good character now. WWE did the same thing with JR and he's regarded as the best pro wrestling commentator of all time. Vince wants Michael Cole to be "the next JR."

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
this is interesting because this means people are still watching NXT.

honestly? if you're still watching, what else can you expect. the show's a fucking joke, and they don't care. it wouldn't surprise me if they mentioned every ten minutes that wrestling was fake, it's not like anyone should be watching that show anyway. they're probably trying to lose viewers at this point.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Cole and Matthews commentary are the only reason I watch the damn show. Beautiful one liners were said last night.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
They are extremely entertaining and they break kayfabe all the time .. They make it seem that the entire show is a bigger joke than it already is :D

·
Unlucky! Better luck next time!
416 Posts
I could quite happily not even watch the show and listen to those two like a radio show. Everyone knows it's a joke and the children who don't already know it's fake don't watch it because it's online in America. I would expect only teens and adults watch NXT these days so they can push the envelope a bit more every week.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I had no problem with the breaking of kayfabe. They've slowly been slipping in references for weeks and it was the wedding, so why not go all out?

Btw, anyone else feel that Matthews is beginning to surpass Cole in awesomeness? I would never have said this a few weeks ago, but he's made me laugh the most out of the two in the last few episodes.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
To be honest, I don't think anyone watching NXT these days could take kayfabe very seriously. What has happened, out of the blue, is that WWE have actually somehow managed to produce a fantastic comedy show, entirely intentionally. Self-parody: it's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cole's been very entertaining when he plays the role of a heel announcer. He was bland and boring as a face. Cole has been a ton of fun to watch lately and makes the show more interesting. Always have been a big fan of Josh Matthew's announcing back to the Velocity days and hope he continues to get more chances on commentary after NXT ends.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts