Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG WHY?

WHY do we have to suffer through him? He is SO bad at everything he does.
He doesn't call the matches very well at all, he's annoying to listen to and painful to watch on camera, the heel role that he's been given to play is too much for him. Christ, he really is a poor man's JR.

Is there any way to like, start a petition to get rid of him or at least minimize his role in WWE? And if so, what might be the way to go about it?

I'm glad I've found these forums!

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
The fact that you want to start a petition to get rid of him proves he's doing his job.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fact that you want to start a petition to get rid of him proves he's doing his job.
No, he's terrible. I think the idea behind the role he was given was for him to be like... Bobby Heenan or Jesse Ventura.

The heels on commentary (the ones that were good at it anyway) were usually involved in the pro wrestling business before being a the bad guy calling matches. The guy playing the 'Michael Cole' character was a journalist. He's a journalist, not an actor, not an ex pro, he's shit and he so clearly tries WAY too hard to be what they want him to be and he's failing at it miserably.

They should have him being the tool that asks stupid questions in the back. He could still be a heel, the guy the superstars can't stand. No more calling matches and getting all involved in storylines in the obnoxious fashion in which he does.

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Agreed, he's an awful commentator. There's a difference between a good heel and a good commentator. Cole is a pretty good heel, but that doesn't make him a good commentator by any means.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I personally enjoy the guy. I think he is doing a great job. You do realize he is being told to act this way right? He is phenomenal at it right now. He is one of the biggest heels in the company. Most you guys hating on him probably dont understand the business very well. And dont try to call me out, I've run wrestling promotions my whole life. Most guys hating on Cole are internet geeks who have know idea what it takes to running a successful wrestling promotion.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Cole has become too much, and needs to go. Back in the days of early SD!, well, he was a bad announcer and that's all there was to it. You weren't supposed to hate him, but you just did - that's a 'life' thing.

Now they're telling you to hate him, it just makes him all the worse. Again, this isn't achieved the way they set out and is through no hard work of his own. His role has become intrusive and he's leaving his mark on so many things. He still can't call a match, and this is getting worse week by week now that he's playing a 'character'. When he isn't calling moves incorrectly or rendering near-falls predictable, he isn't calling the action AT ALL.

God I miss JR.

And Joey.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
Michael Cole is the best thing about Raw right now not named CM Punk or John Morrison.

Cole is playing his part PERFECTLY. Heels wish they could get the reactions that Cole and Vicki get.

Reactions: Dalexian

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah, he sucks at commentary, but his heel persona is given to him by Vince himself, so what chance do we have of removing him?

He can support heels but why does he support Cena as well? Also, he doesn't do a good job of putting wrestlers over, which should be his main task.
He hasn't been supporting Cena recently, at least when he's been anywhere near the Miz.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Cole is doing what he has been asked to do very well, I don't deny that.

I'm simply not particularly entertained by what he is being asked to do.

I commend the effort on character direction and changing the commentary format, but I can't say it riveting. It's certainly far better than what we had before though. This way, Cole distracts the attention from Lawler's lacklustre commentary, and also provides a focus for Lawler's disdain and anger - that reduces the amount of time given over to Jerry's musings, which were becoming increasingly mundane.

So, upon balance, it's probably a good thing overall. I'm sure that it could be better, but I can't suggest how.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
As a commentator he's absolutely pathetic. It's an embarrassment and a complete joke that he even has a job. He's the worst commentator I've ever heard ever. Basketball , Football , WWE etc etc

As a heel character..... he's been solid.... I can't lie. He brings the lols sometimes and does the annoying troll gimmick perfectly. Even if you hate his gimmick you have to admit he nails it to perfection.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
When he chimes in with the, "haha that's a stupid statement!" after catching King or the other guy say something off the mark I damn near piss myself laughing. It's pure gold and drips of irony. It really is beautifully played by the man.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright, to put it in perspective a little bit...

When Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was inducted to the Hall Of Fame, he got a standing ovation. Why? Because the man was incredible at what he did. He was the bad guy his entire career and made the shows funnier and more enjoable with his commentary and roles on screen. He and Gorilla Monsoon were the best commentary team the WWE has ever had, in my opinion amd in the opinion of many.

Michael Cole won't get inducted. He hasn't got a chance in hell. But should that day come (like when Pete Rose), people are going to sit and wonder "Uhh... What?". They'll applaud, but there won't be and standing ovation out of respect or admiration.

I've been a WWF/WWE fan since before I could speak. My first words sounded something like "Hulk Hogan". I'm 24 and know enough about the business to know that Michael Cole is BAD at what he does. If you can't see that, you've missed out on some excellent commentary over the decades from guys that knew what moves they were calling.

I can't wait to see who it is that knocks him out.

I hope he hears some chin music at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When he chimes in with the, "haha that's a stupid statement!" after catching King or the other guy say something off the mark I damn near piss myself laughing. It's pure gold and drips of irony. It really is beautifully played by the man.
This person understands the business. +1

·
Registered
461 Posts
Micheal Cole hate is so 2009.

Anyway he's been getting better since his heel turn
He hasn't improved from the crap level he set when he opened his mouth...

He is the announcer equivalent of Otunga/A Ri who botches pretty much everything...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts