·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[On Daniel Bryan]
“30 seconds to polish off Daniel Bryan”
“For God’s sakes Matt (Striker), I’d rather have you out there”
“That goofball”

“This is a dissection”. Yes, King, it was a dissection. It was an expert dissection at the hands of a much maligned commentator. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know Bryan Danielson is a king in the ring, if that’s all you are marking him on, but he doesn’t have any appeal outside of that.

The guy looks like crap. It’s as simple as that. He is completely unappealing. There’s no way they could market the product around him. The ME push that all the fanboys want is just fanciful and fantastic. He doesn’t have the quality to warrant such ridiculous claims. There’s already a Rey Mysterio; ‘against all odds’ kind of star. There isn’t room for another; plainer looking one at that. Michael knows what’s up.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obviously, but seeing as everyone shoots him down but WWE continues to support him, I’m hoping he provides the view closest to that which WWE as a collective hold. They easily could have had Striker make the comments.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
I was a doubter with his look at first but you don't realise how could he actually is in the king. He executes every move perfectly. He's already over with the crowd. WWE are clearly high on him with the way they brought him back (it could still be a huge work). They know Bryan has massive potential despite his look.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I do. He is phenomenal in the ring. For your last statement to be true, they would have to rethink the entire way they do business. I just cannot see Danielson making it on a mainstream level as one of the top tier guys.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Sorry, but calling him a "goofball" and "a nerd" just won't hack it. If anything, Michael Cole is all of these 'qualities'. It's frankly ridiculous listening to him try and pass someone else off as this.

Making out that Miz would've put in a better performance at SummerSlam, that he was the key ingredient to the team when Bryan eliminated 2 single handed. LOL, just no. There's being heel then being stupidly deluded. He falls in the latter.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
He is very much a Benoit case.

He doesn't have anything that will help him get over, but he does it simply by being the best in the fucking ring.

You can tell the fans at Summerslam were impressed by him.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IMO Danielson should make some kind of truce with cole, because cole has na balls for that, and this is the only way to put an end to these performance ruinig comments.. Comparing to all raw roster (talkn about in ring abilities), Danielson is superior

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is very much a Benoit case.

He doesn't have anything that will help him get over, but he does it simply by being the best in the fucking ring...
Chris Benoit was a much bigger man. He was particularly jacked in his time with the WWE. Danielson has always looked scrawny, sickly. He gives you the impression that he isn’t supposed to be as good as he is. That he is an anomaly. I don’t think that’s a good thing when you want to be taken seriously in the freak show that is the WWE. I see them doing a Colin Delaney kind of thing with him. Honestly, he should just go back to ruling the Indies.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
for those people who say heis unappealing my 10 year old kid brother didnt know who he(Daniel Bryan) was when he made his entrance at s.s, but when he got in the ring his jaw literally dropped to the floor, the Raw after when Daniel Bryan made his entrance my brother was jumping up and down.

so yes he will get over and he is massively appealing, mainly for his in ring skills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts