Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you are fans of Michael Cole, although those who are I personally believe are clueless heel smarks desperate to root for anybody who is a heel, but it's easy to tell for anybody who actually understands pro wrestling that Michael Cole is getting "go away" heat. No matter what you think he isn't getting over as a heel, in fact most who hated him before this gimmick hate him even more now than before. Cole is not the new Jesse Ventura, he's not the new Bobby Heenan, he's nobody! Do you know why? Because all those men may have acted heelish but when it came to a match they actually called the damn thing! Cole misses calls, interrupts other announcers, calls the wrong moves (a scoop slam is not a power slam), can't get any wrestler over (which is what HIS JOB IS), and rarely shows any general emotion whatsoever.

If Cole truly wanted to be heel-like in his announcing than he would follow what C.M. Punk does. Punk is clearly a heel but he's more subtle; taking a jab here and there at mostly faces, but always puts wrestlers over. He knows when to heel it up and when to shut it down. Above all else, C.M. Punk is enough of a student of the game to know when he's announcing IT SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT HIM!

Now I know wrestling is scripted and Cole is doing what he is told, but trust me, if the WWE continue to receive complaints (and they have) and lose viewers Cole is gone whether at fault or not. So Cole, you better get better quick or you better pray you can go back to interviewing.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Nah he's doing pretty good.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Michael Cole.

far more entertaining than this thread.

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
Cole is pretty good but he only excels in some things and is abysmal in other things. Just like CM Punk and King are good at certain things and awful in other aspects of commentary.

·
Registered
496 Posts
While at times CM Punk is hysterical on commentary, some of the things he says are questionable to me.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Michael Cole is the most entertaining thing on Raw. I don't know if he has picked up, or if the product has got so dull that Michael Cole has actually risen up to being one of the more colourful elements of the show.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
The Kings good at aspects and bad at others, Michael Cole is good at aspects and bad at others. That's why there's two of them.

You know how the song goes.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
In a way, Punk's there to call what Cole can't. The wrestling. And thank God for that. Cause if I hear Michael Cole call a powerslam a fucking scoop slam one more time, I think I'm going to scream.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Cole has been doing a great job, simple as that.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
LOL I don't think WWE would fire Cole over a few complaints where some teenage boy threatens WWE that they'll stop watching wrestling forever if he isn't fired. It's so silly to think that. WWE is not gonna fire or replace Cole if the rating drops to a low 2 or something. Cole is here for as long as you can imagine and he'll have this heel gimmick for the time being.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
In a way, Punk's there to call what Cole can't. The wrestling. And thank God for that. Cause if I hear Michael Cole call a powerslam a fucking scoop slam one more time, I think I'm going to scream.
Like, say: "Oh and there's a scoop slam by Orton" :D

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
♠Chip♠;9099438 said:
Like, say: "Oh and there's a scoop slam by Orton" :D
Yeah I hate that too but Cole's all right. Not awful. His knowledge of actual ring stuff could be better but his character is actually a) over and b) entertaining. The scoop slam thing annoys the shit out of me though.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Yeah I hate that too but Cole's all right. Not awful. His knowledge of actual ring stuff could be better but his character is actually a) over and b) entertaining. The scoop slam thing annoys the shit out of me though.
I find Cole entertaining. I enjoyed him interfering in the Lawler-Miz match. It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to RAW next week. I want to see what happens :D

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
I don't hate Cole as a character, though. His stuff with Matthews on NXT is gold. But, him not knowing what the simplest of moves are irks me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think his heel stuff is sort of funny, but i am sick of him bickering with king when they're supposed to be calling the fucking match.

WWE has always been guilty of this though, talking about other shit when they should be calling the match...yes even when JR was on the mic.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
cole > OP

1 - 20 of 68 Posts