Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's the sad truth. this is what the wwe has been reduced to. cole, who is merely a commentator, cuts better promos, is better on the mic, and is generally a bigger star than a good portion of the raw roster. hell, he's a bigger star than most of the wwe roster in general. not to mention he actually looks tougher when standing next to some wrestlers, such as the miniscule daniel bryan.

i'm not hating on cole; on the contrary, he's part of the reason i'm starting to watch wrestling again. i'm glad he's back to being a heel, since it appeared he would turn face last week when he saw what was happening to cena at the end of raw.

now that i think about it, cole has made raw entertaining ever since the attitude era. his interviews with the rock are priceless, and his over-exaggeration when commentating is matched only by JR.

here's to you, cole.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Michael Cole has been with WWE since 1996, that's 16 years he's had to improve and don't forget it's his sole job to talk.

I'm sure if you gave mic time to any guy for 16 years every single week for the majority of the show he'd end up being great on the mic.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What?! What?! What?!

Michael Cole sucks so much.. i mean, it was ok for a moment, i really liked his Daniel Bryan-Feud (on NXT), but after that it just played out how bad as an actor he is.

He's some sort of half-heel half play-by-play commentator, which is weird anyway.

Obviously the advantage over some WWE wrestlers he has, that he has a sort of "Freedom of Speech". He's like an overdriven version of himself, and that's one thing that not many of the wrestlers are allowed to be. It's way too scripted and controlled.

WWE should let more loose and give the wrestlers also opportunity to be an overdriven version of themselves, that's how many top stars also had their breakout moments (Rock, Austin, CM Punk).

·
Registered
642 Posts
I agree with OP. He is one of the fews things that ALWAYS entertained me while watching somes of these snooffest RAWs like tonight.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Can't say he's a bad heel.

He just always sucked at his job. Either that or never was really any good at it.

Never adds anything to the matches and neither storylines at hand. Whatever he says never feels important unlike guys like JR(who calls matches brilliantly) or Scott Standford (who always adds important information to the story lines).

Combine that to the most bored commentator out there who is out of touch King and you have one dysfunctional commentator team.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts