Wrestling Forum banner

Michael Cole is hilarious and awful at the same time

1821 Views 15 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  MOBELS
That commentary the entire night was funny, annoying and insightful at the same time. Michael Cole is a good heel because he actually is a heel. He does everything a heel is suppose to do. He screws yah, talks bad about you, etc. Back then, King was just into the chicks and loved everything about Vince McMahon. Michael Cole actually gets involved with the wrestlers....

Saying that, he needs to shut the fuck up. lol, I paid 44.99 to watch wrestling, not listen to how much he loves the Miz. It's starting to get annoying. It really is. And im not talking about the storyline...it's literally annoying. Like the writers need to tell him to tune that down a bit.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2,804 Posts
Cole has improved by leaps and bounds in just the last couple of years. people need to remember that he's always been playing a character. he's supposed to fuck stuff up, be annoying etc... before he sucked at it and you hated him(at least i did) because he sucked at what he did. now i can't stand him because he does his fucking job right and makes you hate him. overall as an announcer, he's actually pretty good.

· AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cole has improved by leaps and bounds in just the last couple of years. people need to remember that he's always been playing a character. he's supposed to fuck stuff up, be annoying etc... before he sucked at it and you hated him(at least i did) because he sucked at what he did. now i can't stand him because he does his fucking job right and makes you hate him. overall as an announcer, he's actually pretty good.
yeah thats true

· Registered
290 Posts
A good heel announcer is enjoyable to listen to for his interaction with the impartial straight-man announcer and for his heelish interpretation of the match. Michael Cole is not at all enjoyable to listen to and is simply annoying with his juvenile heel persona. He desperately needs to watch some Jesse Ventura or Bobby Heenan tapes.

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Being a Bostonian, I laughed like an idiot when he said this:

“Y’know I wish that man right there, Paul Revere, was stil alive, so he could proclaim as he rides through the woods that THE MIZ is still champion!”

That's going in my siggy sometime soon.

· Registered
85 Posts
Honestly? I would rather listen to Ventura or Heenan as heel commentators. Cole adds nothing and honestly, if I were in attendance in sitting behind him, I'd bonk him every 2 minutes with a Thesauras to find some new terms beside "Vintage". He isn't that great and doesn't know when to shut up.

· Registered
5,361 Posts
If Cole is going to be a heel, he's got to stay heel. I don't want to hear him flip-flopping on a guy in the middle of a match anymore (Danielson last night) or hating a guy one week and then liking him the next (Santino). Heel wrestlers don't do stuff like that so why should an announcer? And don't say he's a tweener because that distinction lies solely with Striker.

· Banned
297 Posts
As annoying as Michael Cole is, when people put him in his place it is true entertainment.

· Banned
9,640 Posts
Michael Cole troll hards. You gotta respect him for that. He never gives up and let's Jerry Lawler or Matt Striker make him look like a fool. I can't really put my finger on the way he thinks what his character is suppose to actually be but I have an idea and pretty much know what's going on with him. It'll be cool to see him change it up on us soon and start to act even more strange and trollish.

· Banned
297 Posts
If their was a mix between Cole's heel persona, & Matt Strikers knowledge on the sport we'd have a great commentator.
Cole: Ah, the number 27 spot. This spot has produced the most Rumble winners in history.
King: Yeah, but that was when there were 30 people Cole, there's 40 now.
Cole: Well those are the only numbers I can work with! You want me to just make up some statistics right now!

I was like ahh...Michael Cole :no:

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
This.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.