Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the general impression on this forum that we don't like Mr. Cole very much. Why not? The man is entertaining and plays his part very well. He is supposed to be annoying! He is very good at talking his mind and I love it when he has his little spats with Booker.

That being said I'm a much bigger fan of good ol' JR. I believe the best announcer combo was him and heel King of old. Anyway as I said I think Cole gets a bit too much ill will on this forum. I can't see why. Ok ok he talks a million miles and hour and gets on your nerves but that is what he is supposed to do. He makes the others look good. Up until he was fired last week I have to say (however disillousioned he was) that JR had been somewhat disappointing and as for King to paraphrase CM Punk "the new you sucks!".

I don't know bring back Tony Schiavone and the Brain! Anyone agree?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
He is a good commentator, but he's just real annoying. Half the things he says is hypocritical, he spends more of the match making fun of a commentator than he does, actually discussing the match and its importance, and he jumps at every opportunity to make fun of a mistake, yet when he makes a mistake he's just like "i'm a broadcast journalist, let me do my job".

There's a difference between heel, and annoying heel.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
I get the general impression on this forum that we don't like Mr. Cole very much. Why not? The man is entertaining and plays his part very well. He is supposed to be annoying! He is very good at talking his mind and I love it when he has his little spats with Booker.

That being said I'm a much bigger fan of good ol' JR. I believe the best announcer combo was him and heel King of old. Anyway as I said I think Cole gets a bit too much ill will on this forum. I can't see why. Ok ok he talks a million miles and hour and gets on your nerves but that is what he is supposed to do. He makes the others look good. Up until he was fired last week I have to say (however disillousioned he was) that JR had been somewhat disappointing and as for King to paraphrase CM Punk "the new you sucks!".

I don't know bring back Tony Schiavone and the Brain! Anyone agree?[/QUOTE]

Schiavone and Heenan were great they seemed really natural as a paring.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I agree, he is a funny and good commentator. He's been doing it for the last decade or so, so he must be doing SOMETHING right. The thing is, he doesn't even call the match down right, he's always off talking about something else or trying to get into an argument with Lawler or Booker. And he acts like he gets hit with the move instead of actually calling it down with something like, "that must of hurt!" or something along those lines.

I agree he does get too much smack on this site.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm a big fan of Michael Cole whether he's an annoying heel or a whimpy face. Cole/Tazz were my favorite commentary duo followed closely behind Schiavone/Heenan. I just think people want a carbon copy of JR. I have more problems with King's seemingly lack of interest than Cole's motor mouth.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Michael Cole is awesome, he is a funny motherfucker, I love it when he gets involved, he is the best at pissing off live crowds.
He's right with the things he says most the time, I want to see a return of the cole mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts