Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just rewatching that season on Hulu and man those guys was just gold together on that show. I enjoyed Cole just shitting on that horrible season every chance he got, "And you people should be gonged for buying a ticket to watch this stuff" Cole was great on there. Their interactions and comments to Striker was also hilarious with Striker trying to hold back his laughter.

Its a horrible season with terrible wrestling and horrible challenges but i'm rewatching it again just for Cole and Josh's commentary. I've been laughing nearly an hour straight listening to them. It just felt like they was having a great time on there just doing the commentary on the fly and saying whatever they wanted.

·
ゴゴゴゴゴゴ&#
3,168 Posts
It never made sense to me why commentators bury things that is trying to present itself as good. Even though that season of NXT was genuinely horrible with bad wrestling and stupid challenges, shouldn't a commentators job be to not make it as stupid as it looks, even if it is genuinely bad? If something is bad and terrible and you know is bad and terrible, don't fucking put it on television for the whole world to see. That's just what I think. People may find it hilarious but I just found it annoying. Punk's commentary was pretty great though.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It never made sense to me why commentators bury things that is trying to present itself as good. Even though that season of NXT was genuinely horrible with bad wrestling and stupid challenges, shouldn't a commentators job be to not make it as stupid as it looks, even if it is genuinely bad? If something is bad and terrible and you know is bad and terrible, don't fucking put it on television for the whole world to see. That's just what I think. People may find it hilarious but I just found it annoying. Punk's commentary was pretty great though.
Their commentary was the only thing that made that season watchable. It would have been horrible had they called that shit acting all serious and pretending it wasn't awful.

That season never tried to present itself as good, i think they made that season as horrible and goofy as they could as just a comedy hour cause it was just a show about the divas, and we all know how wwe feels about the divas. I doubt it was ever intended to be taken serious with joke offs and dance offs. I don't see a problem with Cole and Josh having a good time and laughing at how bad it was.

That whole season was just about watching hot divas run around and do ridiculous things, who cares if the commentators have fun with it and laugh at it? Its not like they was shitting on a good show or anything, their commentary is the 1 thing anybody likes about it.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
it was indeed bad in a business sense, but it was still hilarious and nxt post nexus burial was useless anyway

The episode w/ punk on commentary was gold.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I much preferred CM Punk on commentary while he was injured. I could listen to this all day:
I hadn't watched that video in a while and laughed out loud at the "We've got some facebook comments... Michael Cole makes Mike Adamle sound like Gordon Solie, that's from boomersooner32"

·
Bourne Better
2,270 Posts
NO NO NOOOOO

The fact that we finally had a show about the Divas then we fucking had Cole to ruin everything by his shit commentary.

"Terrible wrestling" Excuse you?

Makes you wonder how Naomi still has YET to make it. Aside from the black card

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
NO NO NOOOOO

The fact that we finally had a show about the Divas then we fucking had Cole to ruin everything by his shit commentary.

"Terrible wrestling" Excuse you?

The show was absolutely shit and awful TV, the only thing that made it watchable was the commentary.

If the show had been based around the likes of Charlotte, Paige, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch etc. and featured actual wrestling it would have been awesome.
Instead we got AJ, Kaitlyn then a load of shit 'wrestlers' playing musical fucking chairs. Yeah, riveting TV.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
21,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol oh my god i just watched the episode where they have to talk about a subject for 60 seconds, and my god Kaitlyn is awful and awkward i almost wanna hang myself out of embarrassment for her. "A friend told me to picture you guys in your underwear, Matt Striker most likely is wearing basic white cotton underwear or i dunno really, oh and this guy in the front row definitely superman underwear and this guy really gets my ignition going, that guy not so much um um....".

Also Akasana's subject was hilarious she got Lama's and apparently had no idea what it was and spent the entire 60 seconds asking Striker what it was and if he could show her what it was "Sorry hun i'm not national geographic" then Striker gave her camel's trying to help her "I don't know what you're talking about" then the buzzard ring and Punk was hilarious "Oh no i thought she had it".

·
Registered
654 Posts
Aksana made NXT! Too bad they changed her gimmick on the main roster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts