Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s sad that the Commentators are outshining actual wrestling performers.

I’m dead serious, we are on the road to Wrestlemania and other then The Rock/Cena verbal confrontations, I’ve been literally keeping my eye on this personal feud between Cole and Lawler and I must say I’m surprisingly been entertained by this whole thing and so are the casuals.

I’ve been telling everyone that Cole is absolutely perfect in his Heel persona if he is not behind the announcers desk and only as an authority figure and on the latest RAW it once again showed.

At the same time, overall it’s actually sad that these two announcers are taking up Mania time for the young wrestlers but they are not even close to being over as Lawler/Cole. A guy like Chris Masters would kill to be over/loved like Jerry Lawler.

Is anyone actually keeping their tabs on this actual rivalry going on especially since Jack Swagger is now being added to the mix? (this is a former World Heavyweight Champion, I seriously fear for the future of the WWE.)

· Registered
4,724 Posts
I don't care whatsoever of the feud between Cole and Lawler, so I don't believe it's outshining everything. Put Kofi Kingston vs Primo Colon and I would care more about that than Lawler vs Cole.

· Registered
7,396 Posts
yea it's a great fued and completely above everything else for mania so far. although rey/dashing will prob be better by the time wm comes.

People actually care about this Cole/Lawler feud?

That's news to me.
lol have you watched raw recently? their segments have a ton of heat every time. if cole gets a piledriver at mania the place is going to explode.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Not really, ugh, can tell this match is going to be atrocious worse than Vince vs. Bret.
Um, no, it won't. At least one of these guys can go in the ring.

· Registered
1,618 Posts
It was the best (least worst) part of the show honestly. It's had the longest build-up, Cole has been heelish on commentary longer than i want to remember, probably the strongest heel on the show which is pretty sad. As long as the match doesn't stink the place out like Bret/Vince did last year then i'm fine with it.

· Registered
4,243 Posts
The match itself at WM with out a doubt will suck but the feud's been entertaining so far and proves that Cole doesn't belong at the announce table and should have some other type of role on the show. He has an entertaining character but he still sucks an announcer.

· Registered
103 Posts
I didn't know so many people are shitting on the Lawler/Cole feud. IMO, this is THE best feud going on right now. And, yes that is pretty sad. But damn if Cole isn't the best damn heel in the WWE right now. Did you see him tonight? Man I wanted to punch that little fucker in the face. THAT'S being a good heel with heat.

· Registered
2,834 Posts
lol have you watched raw recently? their segments have a ton of heat every time. if cole gets a piledriver at mania the place is going to explode.
It's different at live shows. The thing is a pantomime. Everyone and their mother will be booing Cole and his heel antics. If I was going to see Wrestlemania live, then yeah... come the time I'd probably be laughing with everyone else at Michael Cole getting his ass beat. Much like I'd probably play along to something like a stupid Hornswoggle skit if I were witnessing it live.

Sitting at home though, I sure as hell don't want to watch two commentators have a match at Wrestlemania. Boring pointless filler bullshit.

My personal preference doesn't matter though, it's going to have anti-Cole folks go apeshit at Wrestlemania which is good for business - so let it be. :p

· Banned
443 Posts
Indeed, this will be far worse than Vince/Hart. At least that match had some history, and an actual point.

I loved how sporadic Cole is being, it's hilarious. First he's calling things like a normal commentator then all of a sudden he gets involved and turns on the heel persona. lmao.

· Registered
2,387 Posts
Leading up to WM, I don't find myself caring about a lot of the matches. Miz/Cena is kinda meh, I know Miz is probably going to drop the title since they rarely let fans leave WM unhappy, but I don't want to see SuperCena as champion again so I don't really care.

Punk/Orton feud isn't bad, I really liked Punk using Orton's own mannerisms against him and stuff, but the Nexus is being totally buried in this feud. Wasn't it only a few months ago they were the focus of the entire company? Now they're just jobbing lackeys getting sent back to FCW one at a time, and Wade doesn't even have a match at WM as of yet. RIP Nexus.

As for Cole/Lawler.. it is strange that the announcer's match has the most heat of any of the matches, but that's to be expected now that we're watching a 'sports entertainment' show with 15 minutes of wrestling in a 2 hour show. Non-wrestlers are the most over people in the company now, who gets more heat than Vickie Guerrero or Cole today?

· Registered
4,669 Posts
What do you expect... Michael Cole is the most over heel in the company and Lawler is a fan favorite. With the exception of Rhodes/Mysterio, it's the only Wrestlemania feud that has actually been building for a significant period of time and has significant history. The WWE is clearly trying to capture the magic of Lawler/Kaufman and they are succeeding in my opinion.

I don't know why people are complaining, I suppose it's just the nature of the IWC. Like Al Snow said, the best match is the one that draws the most money and I know plenty of older fans who just want to see Lawyer have his moment.

· Registered
267 Posts
It's amazing what happens when you give an angle a proper buildup. It's also sad but true that the heels in the back should be watching Cole to see why people hate him so much. It' not hard to be a heel but apparently it is above what the WWE can do right now. It was a priceless moment when Cole was taunting The King while Swagger had the ankle lock in. I mean that's just a classic heel right there. Cole doesn't get his hands dirty, is seen as a coward, and is basically a cheater by being that way with The King. Most heels now just cut a shitty promo, look somewhat not threatening, and maybe sorta beat up someone in a way that nobody cares. Personally I hope that Cole ends up being the Raw General Manager. I really really hope so.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.