Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Re: Michael Cole always sounds like he's cutting tk a break

I spent a good few minutes trying to figure out who 'tk' was, then I realised you meant 'to'.

Yeah, it is actually quite annoying to be fair. Ads in general annoy me though.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts

Yeah, it happens a hell of a lot. The ad breaks get ridiculous though as you say, literally every time, a guy gets knocked down outside with a big move or an outside dive, ad break, rinse and repeat for every in match ad break on the show.

·
Welcome To The Jungle
2,010 Posts

Michaels Cole's just annoying in general.

Reactions: Drago

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts

Michaels Cole's just annoying in general.
This, tho he wasn't that bad without Vince in his ear all the time during The Beast in the East last year.

Anyway they should really consider renaming RAW to Monday Night Ads at this point.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Russo is 100% right about cutting to commercial during a match. They need to ban this. It demeans the importance of the match and gives the viewer's a(nother) reason to change the channel. I fuckin hate that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I absolutely hate the ad bs. If anything place the freaking ad after one of their pointless recaps, I'm already doing something else during these anyway -_-

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
Russo is 100% right about cutting to commercial during a match. They need to ban this. It demeans the importance of the match and gives the viewer's a(nother) reason to change the channel. I fuckin hate that.
I always disputed this. If you love a match and they are going to commercial, wouldn't you want to stick around at all cost to see the rest of the match?

It's like the old Batman TV show I watched when I was a kid, they always did a cliffhanger before going to commercials. So I don't understand the idea that you can't cut to commercials during a match.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always disputed this. If you love a match and they are going to commercial, wouldn't you want to stick around at all cost to see the rest of the match?

It's like the old Batman TV show I watched when I was a kid, they always did a cliffhanger before going to commercials. So I don't understand the idea that you can't cut to commercials during a match.
The difference between your batman cartoon and the match, not only does it kill interest/buzz, your batman cartoon picked up exactly where it left off. While during a match your missing parts of the match and you have to watch a smaller screen to see what you missed while your missing more on another small screen.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Now that matches are longer than they used to be, I'm not sure they have a choice.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
The difference between your batman cartoon and the match, not only does it kill interest/buzz, your batman cartoon picked up exactly where it left off. While during a match your missing parts of the match and you have to watch a smaller screen to see what you missed while your missing more on another small screen.
But during great matches, I have found myself cursing wanting for them to come back from commercials. I didn't even dare changing channels. So they did keep me.

The problem is that the WWE have these long boring matches that we've seen time and time again. So people use that as an excuse to go elsewhere. But if you have AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle(as it happened in 2010), you're gonna stay there no matter what.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I believe move sets were limited in WWE to make Cole's life easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
But during great matches, I have found myself cursing wanting for them to come back from commercials. I didn't even dare changing channels. So they did keep me.

The problem is that the WWE have these long boring matches that we've seen time and time again. So people use that as an excuse to go elsewhere. But if you have AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle(as it happened in 2010), you're gonna stay there no matter what.
Oh ya,I'm not disputing that I would change the channel for a good match, typically me and my grandfather watch it from opposite rooms, for commercials or obvious crap matches, fillers or jobbers, and almost all Reigns matches I'll go and discuss things with him.

However, there are just better times they could go to commercial. I'm definitely not disputing the need for ads, I just still find it aggravating even for the big matches like a styles vs angle match. In fact even worse during these matches.

But another Owens vs Ziggler match? Every time an ad comes on all I think is "whoo there goes 100k viewers"

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm more bothered by how Paul Heyman always emphasizes all the wrong syllables for no reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts