Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dr. Mantis Toboggan
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather have The Miz, who gets over mostly on his mic skills, but not shappby in the ring, or Daniel Bryan, who gets over purely on In-Ring ability be the face of the WWE, and why would it be better for business?

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
From a business perspective, mic skills are infinitely more important. I also prefer them, because there's a palpable difference between truly great mic workers and good ones, while good ring workers and great ring workers, not so much.

IMO.

·
Banned
822 Posts
The Miz sucks and is overrated.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Both, Angle, Rock, Austin, Jericho, Edge, Flair etc etc...
the talents are terrible today, that's why you made this thread, you don't have a real "total package".

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
For individual guys wanting to get a push, mic skills matter more in the WWE because the company is one dedicated to drama and storylines.

For casuals, they don't tend to care as long as they managed to be entertained one way or another; most casuals derive near equal enjoyment from both.

On an related note, you have to actually hide a guy's shitty in-ring skill through attentive booking of the guy's matches (Hogan rarely wrestling, Goldberg/Warrior mainly wrestling in squash matches, having Jeff jump off of ****, being placed with guys who can carry the wrestling side) regardless of how charismatic said performer is while performers the audience likes can be completely forgiven by the casuals for being downright bad on the mic. Bad promos will be overlooked if casuals like you enough, bad matches will rarely be so easily forgiven regardless of who you are (unless it can be blamed on your opponents like with Undertaker).

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
In ring skills.

I don't watch wrestling just to watch someone talk, that's waht movies are for and they're infinitely better for it.

Preferably I'd take both, which is why I'm a Punk fan. He's one of the best on the mic in the whole business and an excellent wrestler. Win win.

But if I had to choose, I'd take the guy who can tell his or her story in the ring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts