Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand wrestlers who can deliver their line flawlessly and fast (Rock or Cena) without stumbling their lines are the great ones.

But other wrestlers like Undertaker is always rated low when it comes on mic skill department and I think it's unfair since his mic skills are perfectly great for his persona and should be rated highly based on that imo. I mean he doesn't have to deliver his promo like Cena does since that's not his character at all. Agree or disagree?

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,342 Posts
I agree with the point you're trying to make but I disagree with the example of The Undertaker. I think Kane would be a much better example. He's brilliant on the mic but he's underrated in that department due to his character.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Its a good point.

Another way to view it might be that the Undertaker was the perfect character for Mark Calaway because he nails every physical aspect of it and the character still works very well within the limits of his mic skills. So the Undertaker for Mark Calaway is probably one of the best "character to guy" pairings I can think of.

·
Salt of the Earth
16,544 Posts
The Undertaker is wank on the microphone.

Gimmick or not, he's just bad.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I never thought undertaker was bad on mic. I actually think he's one of the more convincing guys out there and plays his role very well. I think guys like reigns have a problem on the mic because I think Roman is more of a quiet guy anyway in his personal life. Example the rock is an outgoing guy in real life so it translates. I tend to like the USos on the mic because you can tell their wwe personas are similar to their real life personality, same with stone cold

1 - 6 of 6 Posts