Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

He's right. I'm already seeing silly posts about how young she is and having plenty of time to become a star. Fuck all of that noise. Strike while the iron is hot. You saw the Rumble. Book her like that every week. There's no way in hell you waste a generational talent like Rhea Ripley on 50/50 booking with a perpetual failure like Lacey Evans under the guise of youth. The RAW women's division is fucking terrible right now and it needs a real leader, a true star, and quite frankly someone that makes people give a shit. Rhea is that bitch. Give her everything.

·
25,024 Posts
Foley is on point just as he was on a previous post saying that it was a mistake to have her lose to Charlotte at Mania.

I'm already seeing silly posts about how young she is and having plenty of time to become a star. Fuck all of that noise.
That one never made sense to me, Sasha and Paige (for example) were younger than or at the same age as Rhea is right now when they started winning championships and were receiving a big push on the main roster. The time is now, Rhea is more than ready for that top spot, give it to her and push her to the moon. Rhea is not the type of talent you drown with 50/50 booking.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That one never made sense to me, Sasha and Paige (for example) were younger than or at the same age as Rhea is right now when they started winning championships and were receiving a big push on the main roster. The time is now, Rhea is more than ready for that top spot, give it to her and push her to the moon. Rhea is not the type of talent you drown with 50/50 booking.
Thank you. Paige was "the savior of the Divas Division" at 21 and that was fine, but it's too soon for Rhea at 23? Hell naw. Sasha was 23 when she had the greatest women's match of all time and instantly became the most over woman in the company.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,821 Posts
They’re gonna butcher the poor girl. I have no faith in WWE.

·
Southern Pride
4,521 Posts
The minute that they strap the rocket to Rhea Ripley is when people will call her Charlotte 2.0. People love underdogs and instantly turn against anyone that is perceived to be liked by WWE. Heck, part of the charm in peoples eyes with Ripley right now is because she lost to Charlotte. So shes an underdog. I have liked her since she showed up in the MYC but I am just saying...it's only going to turn people against her sooner. By the Fall of this year shes going to be said to be "stale" if they push her straight to the top instantly.

I am there with everyone as far as being a fan of Rhea Ripley, but lets slow down for a minute. We have seen how they have used Charlotte. Pushing her hard since day 1 that she arrived on RAW, giving her a bunch of very short reigns. Even her first tag team title reign wasn't treated as special. I don't want to see that happen to Rhea Ripley.

Paige was given the title instantly...and everyone was scratching their heads at why they put it on her on day 1 and then she lost it back to AJ Lee. Sasha arrived at the beginning of the "Womens Revolution". They used her to help make Womens Wrestling more seriously. It was a different time...and what was her first reigns? Hot potato-ing the title with Charlotte. Sashas reign now will be her most meaningful one from this point because shes actually been able to do something with it.

So if there is a lack of faith on how WWE uses women in the past, how can I have faith that they will do well with Rhea Ripley being at the top now?

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The minute that they strap the rocket to Rhea Ripley is when people will call her Charlotte 2.0. People love underdogs and instantly turn against anyone that is perceived to be liked by WWE. Heck, part of the charm in peoples eyes with Ripley right now is because she lost to Charlotte. So shes an underdog. I have liked her since she showed up in the MYC but I am just saying...it's only going to turn people against her sooner. By the Fall of this year shes going to be said to be "stale" if they push her straight to the top instantly.

I am there with everyone as far as being a fan of Rhea Ripley, but lets slow down for a minute. We have seen how they have used Charlotte. Pushing her hard since day 1 that she arrived on RAW, giving her a bunch of very short reigns. Even her first tag team title reign wasn't treated as special. I don't want to see that happen to Rhea Ripley.

Paige was given the title instantly...and everyone was scratching their heads at why they put it on her on day 1 and then she lost it back to AJ Lee. Sasha arrived at the beginning of the "Womens Revolution". They used her to help make Womens Wrestling more seriously. It was a different time...and what was her first reigns? Hot potato-ing the title with Charlotte. Sashas reign now will be her most meaningful one from this point because shes actually been able to do something with it.

So if there is a lack of faith on how WWE uses women in the past, how can I have faith that they will do well with Rhea Ripley being at the top now?
Because the backlash for each scenario you named fell under different circumstances.

Paige: AJ Lee had just beaten literally every other Diva in one of those clusterfuck battle royals at Wrestlemania, so Paige was the big RAW after WrestleMania reveal to keep people hooked on the start of the next season. People didn't turn on her because she was being pushed, people turned on her because she sucked while being pushed.

Charlotte: Won the Divas Championship while Sasha was the hottest woman in the company, then retained the new women's title at Wrestlemania, when everyone thought that was going to be Sasha's moment. She also gets multiple fluffed transitional title reigns to catch her father and it's painfully obvious in eye rolling fashion, which contributes heavily towards her disdain.

Rhea isn't trash and she's not taking the top spot from a beloved wrestler. She IS the beloved wrestler who people WANT in that spot.

·
13,821 Posts

This is what I'm saying. They shouldn't have her beat the final boss right at the beginning. It would make as great of a story to have her beat Charlotte at Summerslam as it would having her beat Charlotte as soon as she hits the main roster. Giving her the entire company on day one will only be detrimental. Have her work her way back up to Charlotte. Personally I would heat Asuka back up and have her pin Charlotte at Mania in a Triple Threat. That way Asuka is re-legitimized and Ripley can then feud with Asuka eventually beating her for the gold 2 PPV's down the line after Mania. So yes they should strap the rocket to Rhea but not automatically on day one.

·
Standing with The Man
6,401 Posts
This is what I'm saying. They shouldn't have her beat the final boss right at the beginning. It would make as great of a story to have her beat Charlotte at Summerslam as it would having her beat Charlotte as soon as she hits the main roster. Giving her the entire company on day one will only be detrimental. Have her work her way back up to Charlotte. Personally I would heat Asuka back up and have her pin Charlotte at Mania in a Triple Threat. That way Asuka is re-legitimized and Ripley can then feud with Asuka eventually beating her for the gold 2 PPV's down the line after Mania. So yes they should strap the rocket to Rhea but not automatically on day one.
How do people not get this? Rhea Ripley doesn't need built up, have people forgotten her 2019?

Debut'd stepping up to Shayna Baszler, ran over the entire NxT (TV Talent) division, basically 1 v 4 the first Women's War games match, beat Charlotte and Sasha in a triple threat then ended Baszler's reign by breaking out the Kirifuda Clutch then hit a Riptide on her from the middle rope. She was flying up to the point she went after Charlotte and whether this was the story or Flair refused to lose I don't know she lost all that momentum and had to rebuild which she did in NxT before putting over "her replacement" like a true pro.

in story terms Charlotte stole everything Ripley at Mania this has been touched on in a recent interview she gave its a ready made story of redemption and the best payback for Ripley is to do the same to Charlotte at this years Mania not freaking Summerslam.

·
13,821 Posts
How do people not get this? Rhea Ripley doesn't need built up, have people forgotten her 2019?

Debut'd stepping up to Shayna Baszler, ran over the entire NxT (TV Talent) division, basically 1 v 4 the first Women's War games match, beat Charlotte and Sasha in a triple threat then ended Baszler's reign by breaking out the Kirifuda Clutch then hit a Riptide on her from the middle rope. She was flying up to the point she went after Charlotte and whether this was the story or Flair refused to lose I don't know she lost all that momentum and had to rebuild which she did in NxT before putting over "her replacement" like a true pro.

in story terms Charlotte stole everything Ripley at Mania this has been touched on in a recent interview she gave its a ready made story of redemption and the best payback for Ripley is to do the same to Charlotte at this years Mania not freaking Summerslam.
I understand all of that but what is Rhea's trajectory after Wrestlemania assuming she beats Charlotte right at the beginning? Because the way I see it she's gonna end up like Drew McIntyre. Its not about her not being built up enough its about her overall title reign.

As a Ripley fan wouldn't you prefer for her to work her way back up to Charlotte as a final boss? While beating the likes of Asuka and Shayna in full blown feuds first?

That way she has a goal to work towards. Charlotte the woman who ruined her career in kayfabe and took everything from her. Its a much better story later down the line after Rhea has established herself on RAW. They can explain it as Ripley being too naive or full of herself at first. Then at the 2nd meeting the announcers put her over as "ready" this time. Why rush it? If they wanted to do Ripley vs Charlotte at WM37 then they should have called her up in October.

I guarantee you if she beats Charlotte 1v1 at Mania this year people will turn on her by June and people will start crying about how she bulldozed the roster.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
13,848 Posts

He's right. I'm already seeing silly posts about how young she is and having plenty of time to become a star. Fuck all of that noise. Strike while the iron is hot. You saw the Rumble. Book her like that every week. There's no way in hell you waste a generational talent like Rhea Ripley on 50/50 booking with a perpetual failure like Lacey Evans under the guise of youth. The RAW women's division is fucking terrible right now and it needs a real leader, a true star, and quite frankly someone that makes people give a shit. Rhea is that bitch. Give her everything.
****, you and everyone that agrees with **** forgot to note that chhhharlotte will be in the way of all this.

·
Banned
1,503 Posts
**** Foley
EDIT: wow his name really is censored. what moron did this? why would you censor his name? censor yourself

1 - 20 of 31 Posts