Publisher: Nintendo

Developer: Retro Studios

Release Date: TBA

Platform: Nintendo Switch Exclusive

*No Gameplay Footage!*

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Fuck me Dry. 2 Metroid games in 1 day!?!?!? I'll have to finish my Metroid sleeve faster now.

This is it. Zelda was 1 reason to get a switch. Prime 4 is God's Gift to the Switch.

Reactions: birthday_massacre

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
I was excited... then realised they showed nothing and we could get snother Metroid with Samus blathering on endlessly. Sorry Nintendo. You need to earn the trust back.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,488 Posts
Confirmed first person, focus on exploration, basically a Metroid Prime game.

NOT developed by Retro, but still in-house under Nintendo.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
This was just to let people know it's coming, like the FE and Pokemon game announced. More information will probably be for next E3 or in a direct.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
Well we now know why AM2R got pulled

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,112 Posts
No Sylux, no buys. :kappa

But yeah, this and AMR2 Samus Returns were very pleasant surprises, considering Reggie's name-dropping of the series earlier this year just felt like fluff talk to soothe Metroid fans.

He also mentioned Mother 3 in that same conversation, so hopefully that pans out to it finally and officially coming to an international audience. :sk

I loved the first one on Gamecube... yet had no idea there had been two sequels
Trilogy is on the Wii U VC eShop. I highly recommend it due to it featuring Prime and Prime 2 with Prime 3's Wiimote controls, which are pretty much perfect for them.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Game's been rebooted, now being made by Retro (who made Prime 1-3).

:cry I just read the news :cry restating :cry

I was only waiting to buy a SWITCH for a a metroid Prime special edition. If it's being restarted then it's likely another 2-3 years. I might cave in and buy the next special edition SWITCH with this news :cry

What do you mean 2 games?
They announced Metroid Prime 4 and the 3DS metroid at the same show.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Sucks that it's delayed probably by at least 3 years, but I 'd rather wait and get an excellent Prime 4 in 2022 than a bad to decent one in 2020.

In the meantime, I'm gonna need that trilogy though.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
Other M & Federation Force were the only Metroid games between 2007 and 2017, and they don't really even count as Metroid; they lack everything that makes the series liked. At least we know there actually IS a light at the end of the tunnel this time. I feel bad for the F-Zero die-hards before anything.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
Other M & Federation Force were the only Metroid games between 2007 and 2017, and they don't really even count as Metroid; they lack everything that makes the series liked. At least we know there actually IS a light at the end of the tunnel this time. I feel bad for the F-Zero die-hards before anything.
Have you played Metroid: Samus Returns, for 3DS. That was a back when this thread first started :lmao Feels so long ago.

Nintendo should poop out a remaster of the trilogy in the meantime, along with a Special edition switch. I don't want to wait to get one for another few years. I've missed out on Zelda hoping for a Metroid bundle.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts