Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
894 Posts
That's quite a surprise for sure.

Do you think she was put in the mix because she was a big name talent outside of WWE, signing her less than 24 hours ago, to only be a hot-shot debut for viewers, or do you think she we will win the Battle Royale and perhaps take the Title from Rhea? I know that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, considering the quick work and great success they had at building the feud between her and Shayna, so... maybe? If Mercedes wins the Battle Royale and then loses to Rhea, doesn't that kill her before she even gets going? If this happens and Mercedes does win, one would assume the other women in the division will feel a little disrespected, being leap-frogged like that.

·
The EST of NXT
28,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's quite a surprise for sure.

Do you think she was put in the mix because she was a big name talent outside of WWE, signing her less than 24 hours ago, to only be a hot-shot debut for viewers, or do you think she we will win the Battle Royale and perhaps take the Title from Rhea? I know that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, considering the quick work and great success they had at building the feud between her and Shayna, so... maybe? If Mercedes wins the Battle Royale and then loses to Rhea, doesn't that kill her before she even gets going? If this happens and Mercedes does win, one would assume the other women in the division will feel a little disrespected, being leap-frogged like that.
They'll probably just give her a feud with the person who eliminates her. She's not winning.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
She´s already 39, so no way they waste time on her training. She has lots of years of experience, so makes sense to bring her right up and she had good showings in the MYC. As @BOSS of Bel-Air said, she will feud with whoever is eleminating her, maybe Io? Could be some good matches :)

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
The winner of this thing is going to be either Dakota, Io, or Bianca.

So let's say Dakota wins, I wouldn't mind it if someone like Io or Bianca got eliminated by Mercedes to set up a non title feud. That would be cool. I think her and Bianca could have a good story of Older Veteran vs. Younger Rookie.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I think Shotzi should wins this.

Whoever is winning this thing is not gonna take the title off of Rhea so Shotzi is not but it kinda establishes her and makes her familiar to the WWE/NXT audience who doesnt know her indy work. Make her seem like a threat and a viable contender the division but dont give her the belt

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,443 Posts
I'd honestly be okay with her winning it, what better way to back up all her bona fides than to have her make that kind of impact on day 1?

And if they're willing to invest so much in 39 year old noob like Shayna, why wouldn't they invest in a 39 year old with 20 years of experience who can actually make other people in the division better instead of just burying everybody?

Is this a tv title shot or is this for TO Portland? I guess that would make a difference.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I'd honestly be okay with her winning it, what better way to back up all her bona fides than to have her make that kind of impact on day 1?

And if they're willing to invest so much in 39 year old noob like Shayna, why wouldn't they invest in a 39 year old with 20 years of experience who can actually make other people in the division better instead of just burying everybody?

Is this a tv title shot or is this for TO Portland? I guess that would make a difference.
It's for Takeover: Portland.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts