Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I actually spoke to a lot of people and got a lot of emails from that thing on Monday night. It actually occurred to me when I was writing the Observer up on the HHH thing and I was actually reading my notes that that actually was one of the dumbest promos from a smart person that I've ever seen.

In sense what HHH did was he basically told the entire roster that none of you are stars. He told the fans, more importantly, that none of the entire rosters are star. The only stars are the guys who don't wrestle anymore. And that winning the championship shouldn't be the goal and that actually making it into the WWE Hall of Fame means nothing because you're not really a top guy. Edge, is a perfect example, was a multi-time champion and they inducted him into the Hall of Fame, and then HHH explained that in fact he was never a top guy. And if he was the top guy the company would be owned by Ted Turner or would have gone out of business.

The other thing is that none of those 3 guys--Jericho, Edge, Van Dam--were contacted ahead of time. So if it was an angle or meant to be an angle, it was a very unprofessional angle. None of the three are under contract. There's no comeback for Edge. He's not coming back for free for an angle. Jericho might, but the other thing with the Jericho thing, when he tweeted that he doesn't care anymore, that it's no big deal, that tells me that the earlier tweets were a shoot and not a work because if they were a work he would keep them up."

**After Alvarez tells him that Jericho took down the tweet about leaving WWE, Meltzer said, "I can tell you with 100% certainty with the Jericho situation that it was not an angle*. As far if it turns into an angle, it's possible. I'm betting it doesn't by the way because it require him to comeback on top. I suppose they could do that. As far as a decent comeback, he may or may not; he probably will. That's what he usually does. It makes sense for them and him because he's a good performer and helps the TV, gives them more depth on television. So they told the people--you know, whenever he comes back he gets the big pop--and in fact, they told the people that he's not really that big of the star.

And the dumbest of all is that Randy Orton wrestling Daniel Bryan tells you that even Randy Orton isn't that big of a star because none of the big stars would waste their time with him. And even if Daniel Bryan wins the championship, he didn't accomplish anything because Jericho, Edge, and RVD had all at one point held that championship and none of them were big stars--they were all talented guys but could never be top guys. So this whole quest of Daniel Bryan, whether he wins or loses it doesn't matter because winning the title doesn't make you a top guy.

As far as the talent in the dressing room, the reactions that I got from a couple of people were basically that they all felt it was counter-productive. They all felt that HHH, while he will say that he was only working, those were his true thoughts on those guys. It didn't make people very happy.

I asked about the scripting of it. I didn't get an answer of what was and wasn't scripted pass the point that HHH felt very passionately about what he said. So about the format of what it was, whether he wrote the words or not, he wrote the ideas. Or maybe the script was different and he went on his own, I don't know, but the point is it was not a scriptwriter writing all these things."

**They then went on to note the WWE is angry at RVD for leaving and not signing a contract, for Edge for being successful outside of the WWE and not signing a contract so they can have control over what he does. Alvarez argued that with Jericho they're upset that he's not under a deal and is successful outside of the WWE, but Meltzer argued that wasn't the case because he didn't have heat when he left last time. They discussed Jericho and HHH having heat from 1999 i.e. HHH saying Jericho and other guys like Benoit not knowing how to work, and when Jericho worked too physical with Chyna (still HHH's gf at the time).

Sorry for the grammar and format. I hardly ever transcribe and it's tough to edit out the tangents and ums.

*It is entirely possible he got this from Jericho himself. Many of Jericho's friends (Eddie, Benoit, Lance Storm, Konnan) are known to have been sources of dirt for Meltzer and Alvarez. Benoit was close friends with Alvarez and friendly with Meltzer. Jericho has done interview with them where he's quite cozy and friendly with them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.