Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on WWE RAW, Seth Rollins opened up the show by berating several members of the RAW roster for their performance at Survivor Series. During the segment, the Chicago crowd began to chant for CM Punk. Rollins told the live crowd that he tried to get Punk on the show but that Punk would rather sit behind a desk in LA.

According to a report from Wrestling Observer Radio, Vince McMahon was upset backstage that Rollins acknowledged the chants.

“Unless Seth and Vince worked it out and Vince was working everyone backstage by being furious when this is going on, Vince was really upset about Seth responding to (the CM Punk chants) because Vince’s rule is that you don’t, on television in particular, you do not push the idea of a match that you are not going to deliver,” Meltzer said on the show.

“I think that most likely that Vince wasn’t putting on an act and there is no deal as of right now and that Seth responded and Vince acting like he was furious was because he was actually not happy that Vince responded.”

Meltzer would allow for the possibility that Vince McMahon was “working” people in the back by pretending to be upset, however.

“I leave that open because it is Vince McMahon and anything’s possible especially on something like this,” Meltzer continued. “I don’t believe it, I’m just throwing out that 2% possibility that its that level of ‘work.'”

https://www.sescoops.com/vince-mcmahon-reportedly-furious-seth-rollins-acknowledged-cm-punk-chants/

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Can someone explain to me why does this geek Rollins care so much about Punk? Punk is an analyst just doing his job. Either this geek is looking for attention or wants to put himself over at Punk's expense.

·
Mamba Mentality
25,133 Posts
Can someone explain to me why does this geek Rollins care so much about Punk? Punk is an analyst just doing his job. Either this geek is looking for attention or wants to put himself over at Punk's expense.
Rollins cares because Punk made a comment on WWE Backstage telling Rollins to delete his Twitter account and stay off social media. Rollins responded on Twitter calling Punk a “coward” for not returning to actually wrestle. So now it appears Rollins is trying to work an angle to lure Punk back to a match.

·
Registered
265 Posts
“Unless Seth and Vince worked it out and Vince was working everyone backstage by being furious when this is going on, Vince was really upset about Seth responding to (the CM Punk chants) because Vince’s rule is that you don’t, on television in particular, you do not push the idea of a match that you are not going to deliver,” Meltzer said on the show.
Since fucking when?

It's all right to tease The Rock vs. Triple H at SmackDown 1000; fine to tease Stone Cold vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 30; and it's fine to spend weeks teasing John Cena vs. The Undertaker only for a 2-minute squash pay off, but it's not okay to reference the most over guy of WWE's past decade despite him presenting one of your shows?

There have been so many podcasts and interviews since CM Punk left WWE, and the running theme in all of them is that Triple H and/or Vince just didn't like Punk. I thought it was just your wrestling shit-stirring 101, but I can't help but feel like this is true?

It's like Vince can't fathom the fact that someone with an actual wrestling background on the indies can come into WWE and be a megastar, especially someone who doesn't look like an oiled-up Michelin man.

Jericho, Edge, Guerrero, Benoit, Michaels, Hart and more recently Bryan all come to mind. All former world champions, all great performers (some who have tarnished that..), and guys who were fucking workhorses.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It’d be funny if Punk comes back and fights someone like Styles or Bryan. Or he returns to Smackdown. Irrelevant boring Rollins is doing his best to stay relevant again.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
When is Vince anything but furious? He could be blown by Mia kalifa and still bitch that she's not getting him to cum fast enough

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
It’d be funny if Punk comes back and fights someone like Styles or Bryan. Or he returns to Smackdown. Irrelevant boring Rollins is doing his best to stay relevant again.
Punk must be absolutely nuts if he comes back for anything other than Saudi Arabia :vince$..Anything else is only going to tarnish his reputation.....Its not like Rollins is a big upgrade in that department...

·
HEADBANGA
21,854 Posts
Rollins wants to have a big money match with Punk. He'll use social media and stunts like that on TV to push that agenda forward. It'll be interesting to see if Punk will take the bait though. Seth has so much stock as the top guy it doesn't even matter if Vince gets mad or not. Being a top guy gives leeway to do shit like that.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Punk vs Rollins will happen at WM. Rollins heel turn is one of the steps that was necessary.
Punk and Rollins is not happening at WrestleMania lol. If Punk wrestles again (which I definitely think he will), it'll be against HHH or Lesnar. Rollins is somebody he would fight later on throughout the year

1 - 20 of 62 Posts