Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
When I watched Crusierweight Classic, he was one of the guys I'd sign. Cedric Alexander was overrated it wasn't him, it was Kota.

Gran Metalik, Mustafa Ali, Kota Ibushi, Lince Dorado, Akira Tozawa were the ones I thought would best work in WWE.

Clearly Kota Ibushi is a fool for not staying, he went right back to Japan, and is barely wrestling.

I really think the CWD has to many generic people. Gallagher has been great, I think Aires found a nice spot, and Akira been good enough. But man, I'm not digging Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak, Rich Swann, TJ Perkins, or Tony Nese. They might be great wrestlers, but I see no value in them on TV, none of them could ever hold the show. I want to see more Daivari, and I think the stupid tag team name of DIY needs to split the hell up, and send Johnny to main roster for Cruiseweight action, wait like 6 months, and bring over his forgotten tag partner, and have an epic feud of how best friends who rose to top of NXT tag division, but Johnny bailed cause he was given opportunity. Then maybe have someone like Kendrick come and say he was the one who told "mcmahon" or whoever, that they should bring Johnny, and etc. Then we'd have a nice big feud, worthy of a title.

In the future, Gallagher, Aires or Akira could hold the fort down. Aires could do it in a Roode way, Gallagher could do it in the Gentlemanly way, and Akira could do it in the Asuka way. As for now, Neville is the only one capable of keeping it relevent, and as long as so many duds are around, its hard to get these guys to shine.

·
Bless you.
1,791 Posts
I know exactly how he went, I'm laughing at the comparison. TNA mistreated him badly and gave him a shithouse gimmick while WWE pulled Metalik off TV to further adjust to the WWE style because he botched major spots on his debut.

No comparisons there.
Hehe. It was bad in both cases...

·
Registered
516 Posts
What's next for CW division? Probably being cancelled by the end of the year, which is a shame, because with rumours of Itami and Black going there, it really could have been something.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,373 Posts
He is a real good talent though I feel maybe a run in NXT first would be best as they should have a plan for him before putting him on the main roster

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Clearly Kota Ibushi is a fool for not staying, he went right back to Japan, and is barely wrestling.
LOL.

Actually Kota is a free agent and is performing all over the place while also being Tiger Mask W for NJPW. Wrestling is fun for him, not about the money.

Add to this that he'll probably end up in a feud with a possible future IWGP champ soon.

If you look at how all the guys in 205 have been used compared how they would be used everywhere else, Kota was the smart one.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Okada was a fucking young boy on excursion, Dave. Shut up about that shit already
And it was also the reason why NJPW broke off their relationship with TNA. NJPW was hoping he'd find another level by working the American style. Instead Russo made him a Kato knock off and sidekick to Samoa Joe. And Okada wasn't a young boy(LION) when he went to TNA.

Okada was not trained by NJPW. He was trained by Ultimo Dragon.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,128 Posts
His disappearance has been super puzzling. I thought he, Ibushi and Kendrick were the standouts of the CWC.

So what if he made a couple of botches on his debut? He went through the CWC pretty smooth and put on some great matches. Few botches in ONE match shouldn't discount all the great work he did.

Kalisto and Sin Cara haven't really set the world on fire. I was hoping Gran Metalik could get a shot at being the next top luchador. I'd be up to see him on even NXT. Him vs Almas could be great.

Reactions: Jay Valero

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
I find it amazing that it wasn't enough for them to fuck up Mascarita but now Mascara as well. They're SUPER bad with masked wrestlers. Look what happened with Ultimo Dragon. If I wore a mask I'd stay far away from WWE. Hell, even Zayn is getting treated like shit.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I find it amazing that it wasn't enough for them to fuck up Mascarita but now Mascara as well. They're SUPER bad with masked wrestlers. Look what happened with Ultimo Dragon. If I wore a mask I'd stay far away from WWE. Hell, even Zayn is getting treated like shit.

Couldn't agree more they had one hit with Rey Mysterio and other then that they've never had any success. Sin cara, Kalisto, Gran Metalik... not to mention they book always book them as faces to get fed to the big guys... well atleast sin caras getting wins in the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Couldn't agree more they had one hit with Rey Mysterio and other then that they've never had any success. Sin cara, Kalisto, Gran Metalik... not to mention they book always book them as faces to get fed to the big guys... well atleast sin caras getting wins in the locker room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysterio's success had nothing to with WWE though.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts