Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,399 Posts
He doesn't do a million flips therefore he is 'boring'
Nope, he's boring because he's boring and limited. Strowman, Samoa Joe, Sheamus, etc don't do flips and are all considered great wrestlers. Hell, most reasonable fans would use Reigns as an example as well.

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,994 Posts
I greatly enjoy Roode's mic work. His charisma and speaking ability make the things he's involved with feel like a big deal.

His ring work is definitely a throw-back, but people here would have you think he's terrible. He's not; he just hasn't really gelled with a great opponent. He works best with someone a bit smaller than him, IMO, like Aries or Styles. They both had great matches against him in TNA.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I greatly enjoy Roode's mic work. His charisma and speaking ability make the things he's involved with feel like a big deal.

His ring work is definitely a throw-back, but people here would have you think he's terrible. He's not; he just hasn't really gelled with a great opponent. He works best with someone a bit smaller than him, IMO, like Aries or Styles. They both had great matches against him in TNA.
What do you mean most people would have you think he's terrible here? Almost everyone here, all the neckbeard geeks, are on Roode's nuts lol.

·
Banned
69 Posts
Roode has charisma and mic abilities for miles and his working style is refreshing to watch, really enjoy that old school style

if WWE are going to give Corbins push to Roode then great he is easily WWE champion material and SDL desperately needs it

·
THE CORPOLUTIONSTRY
1,994 Posts
What do you mean most people would have you think he's terrible here? Almost everyone here, all the neckbeard geeks, are on Roode's nuts lol.
Well, you used the phrase "most people," not me. And I was just specifically referring to his ring work, which some people seem to think is weak. I don't think it's weak at all, just different.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Well, you used the phrase "most people," not me. And I was just specifically referring to his ring work, which some people seem to think is weak. I don't think it's weak at all, just different.
The vast majority of this forum loves his ring work and in general this forum doesn't like wrestlers who do high spots. His ring work isn't different, it's basically the same as Scott Dawson, Randy Orton, and other mat based wrestlers.

·
Banned
724 Posts
We need Roode on Smackdown badly, and he's a perfect replacement for Corbin as the #2 or #3 heel behind Jinder. Roode should be the one to take the U.S. Title off of A.J. Styles. Then they can feed Styles to the Maharaja.

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
Here's the thing...

Whatever level of performer someone showed themselves to be in NXT you have to cut it down by about two thirds because the McMahon's booking and creative are just complete and utter shit.

At this point I wouldn't put finding some made up thing wrong with it and changing Roode's entrance past Vince.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Roode in the absolute best light possible in NXT, as the champion, was a smidge boring in the ring. That's taking into account that he works an old school slow heel style, which is automatically boring already.

Despite that, like most of the high level talent on Smackdown like Cena Owens AJ Nak Zayn etc... He's WAAAAAY too good for current Smackdown, which is a dumpster fire show.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I don't see him being a top 5 guy on RAW honestly. Cena, Reigns, Brock, Braun will always be top 4. Then Roode has to fight it out with Balor, Rollins, Ambrose, and Joe for the last spot.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts