Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,073 Posts
Honestly think Nakamura wins Sunday and starts a feud with Roode.
There's no way WWE's going to debut someone right into a world title feud. I think they learned their lesson with that in regards to Balor. Despite Roode's age, they need to let people get to know him first.

With that said, Roode's entrance is going to be a problem. It's very easy to cheer for, there's not much about it that you can hate. It's going to be difficult for Roode to draw any sort of heat with that entrance. If he came in as a face, that'd be a different story (which is the direction I think they need to go).

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,073 Posts
See a lot of praising his heel work, but don't sleep on a face run down the line too, he played the role greatly in TNA at certain times.
I think a face is exactly what he needs to be. It's the only way I can see him getting the desired crowd reactions with that entrance.

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
I think exactly what you said: he's just an entrance, just a meme. He does nothing for me as a performer. I haven't been invested in him since Beer Money in TNA. The match with Drew wasn't even second best on the card. It got shown up by AOP's tag match and Ember vs. Asuka, which should have main evented. They should've learned from their mistake of not letting Sasha vs. Bayley main event when they had the most momentum two years ago. That was easily the hottest program going into the card, with the suspense of Asuka's streak hanging in the balance. Adam Cole's debut was the only saving grace from a hype perspective.

Tempted to neg.
You know Roode is fucking awesome when this guy isn't entertained by him.
It's a case of modernized fans being obsessed with work rate I think. Because Bobby Roode doesn't do a multitude of flips, high spots, dives, etc and not pandering to the audience that loves that stuff, he's going to be unappealing to a select number of people, especially younger fans.

·
The EST of NXT
28,576 Posts

Tempted to neg.
Do it :hunter

It's a case of modernized fans being obsessed with work rate I think. Because Bobby Roode doesn't do a multitude of flips, high spots, dives, etc and not pandering to the audience that loves that stuff, he's going to be unappealing to a select number of people, especially younger fans.

Did you just accuse the biggest Russo fan on this forum of being workrate obsessed? Whose mans is this?

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Great. Dude has star presence, a great theme song and he's a naturally good promo. He's much better suited for what they want on the main roster.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
He can have a good match with anyone. Even managed it with a very fat unmotivated out of shape Sting. He can talk, he can wrestle, and can heel it up with anyone. He's in shape, he's a decent size, and got a DDT over as a big deal without making anyone too crazy about it

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

Tempted to neg.

Modernized fans are obsessed with Roode

·
Registered
16 Posts
Roode is exactly what the prototype for a wrestler is, he reminds me of every classic old school heel. We don't see them anymore I'm glad he's a favorite. And Roode has an extensive moveset, if he wanted to dazzle the crowd with big moves he could. But he's a heel and shouldn't try to pop the crowd.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,682 Posts
I think exactly what you said: he's just an entrance, just a meme. He does nothing for me as a performer. I haven't been invested in him since Beer Money in TNA. The match with Drew wasn't even second best on the card. It got shown up by AOP's tag match and Ember vs. Asuka, which should have main evented. They should've learned from their mistake of not letting Sasha vs. Bayley main event when they had the most momentum two years ago. That was easily the hottest program going into the card, with the suspense of Asuka's streak hanging in the balance. Adam Cole's debut was the only saving grace from a hype perspective.
Agreed, word for fucking word.

Asuka's match had me on the edge the entire time.

I don't HATE Roode as a performer but I don't expect great matches.

·
Registered
97 Posts
WWE has too many dark-haired, bland-looking wrestlers and Roode is no exception. There isn't anything "glorious" about him. How about signing/creating some blond stars or bringing someone like Jack Swagger back.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
He,s great in all areas except his wrestling. He isnt bad but he works a very slowpaced oldschool style. Usually the heels are the ones dictating the pace and the wrestling so if he were to be a babyface and worked a guy like heel styles he could probably have some really good matches but as a heel he,s pretty boring in the ring

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Raw 10

Cena
Reigns
Nakamura
Joe
Ambrose
Zayn
Bray
Rusev
Jinder
Cass

Smackdown 10
Styles
Rollins
Owens
Braun
Roode
Orton
Balor
Miz
Corbin
Cesaro

·
Registered
426 Posts
Roode/Cena somewhere down the line will be great. Cena with his usual "you need to earn respect" shtick vs Roode's cocky, entitled personality. Would be entertaining.

·
Guitar tech for Elias
875 Posts
Roode will do a great job as the main heel on SDL. And I think he's really needed there since The Miz went to Raw.

I think he'll be great in a US champ program.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts