Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Meltzer provided many backstage updates on the Royal Rumble card and revealed the original winners of the matches:

Okay, so I had sort of heard this, so this is confirmed, that Shayna Baszler and Roman Reigns were scheduled to win the two Royal Rumbles and then as they were trying to decide what was going to happen for WrestleMania, the decision was made instead to go with Charlotte Flair and Drew McIntyre. Because I had not heard Shayna was going to win, I had just assumed that from a lot of different things, and Roman, I just figured Roman for Bray Wyatt.
I think it was on the 14th, would have been the day of the change because there was a lot of money being bet on Charlotte Flair on the 14th because originally all the money was coming in on Shayna Baszler.

·
Premium Member
11,156 Posts
guy's chtting shit.

Drew McIntyre has been pushed fairly consistently for a little while now. Add on top of that, what happened with Reigns when he won the Rumble last time, would they have wanted another backlash of that magnitude? And they seem to be in a state of "listening to people" right now - Rollins turned heel, Wyatt's the Universal champion etc.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I believe Meltzer. I think Reigns and Ms. Botches-A-Lotte Flair were scheduled to win the Rumble. I don't believe Vince is capable of booking such a good Rumble, I think some writer or some person from the Creative or maybe Edge pleaded their case and managed to convince him.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Now someone pay him $11 please,he already give the insight.

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
Actually, the original plans were for Santino to win the women's and men's.

But, they switched to Beth who got hurt and called an audible. Then, Lesnar didn't think he was strong enough to suplex Santino so WWE changed the whole plane.

I can't reveal my sources, literally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts