Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

· TEAM DEPPIE
8,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i found this interesting from Meltzer's newsletter this week

"One thing that should be noted with Roman Reigns as management's choice to be the top guy, particularly when others can very rightfully believe they are better and haven't had the same opportunities is you'd think that would breed a lot of jealousy. But that really isn't the case. Most guys like him and were very happy for him winning the title. That really speaks to him being a nice guy to everyone."

:banderas

"humble" brag post :D

Nah, the roster seems very much close knit than the past talents. The egoes are way less than their predecessors and they just look like a good group.

I'm sure others may not like the lack of competitive edge that tends to breed from big egoes. But im sure it's nice to not always feel like you're going to get stabbed in the back.

· Welcome To The Jungle
2,066 Posts
I would say it's bad that there's no jealousy but honestly, it doesn't matter, the company has the guys and gals it's going to push and that's it, it doesn't matter what you do, if you aren't in their plans for a push, you aren't getting one now matter how over you are

· Banned
9,271 Posts
Which is why the get stepped on and someone less deserving than them get the spotlight.
Exactly this. So much THIS.

Reactions: Natecore

· Registered
2,359 Posts
It's cool to know everything is all nice and honky-dorey backstage. But wrestlers having that competitive edge to make it to the top spot is what is really needed in the WWE right now. Not a locker room full of guys who are just happy to wait for an opportunity that may never come. If hearing what Vince McMahon's interview with Austin wasn't enough to light a fire under someone's ass I don't know what will.

· Banned
19,488 Posts
They're all adults though, and are in a highly political environment. I'm not saying that no one is genuine, by the way, but what I am saying is that they're either genuine because they're more understanding and not biased, childish 'fans', or their motivation to be nice is keeping their position or even their job.

I wouldn't be surprised if some WWE talents were against him being the top guy based on his ethic at the start combined with the desperation of his push by bookers and management. However, I'm sure they'd be okay with it because they like him as a person, or even as a wrestler, and their main gripes are creative, booking, and management.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Makes sense. I remember reading an interview covering Reigns and he discussed the locker room like a team, not a group of individuals. Basically they feel they can get the business to higher levels by working together as a team instead of a bunch of individuals looking out for just themselves.

I think it would work, if the 20+ writers Vince has commissioned would get the fuck out of the way.

· Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
5,972 Posts
It's cool to know everything is all nice and honky-dorey backstage. But wrestlers having that competitive edge to make it to the top spot is what is really needed in the WWE right now. Not a locker room full of guys who are just happy to wait for an opportunity that may never come. If hearing what Vince McMahon's interview with Austin wasn't enough to light a fire under someone's ass I don't know what will.
Gotta agree. The big ego is the classic double-edge sword. While it can cause unrest among the rest of the talent, unfortunately that's exactly what's needed to allow one to noticeably rise above the rest.

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,574 Posts
Ambrose and Rollins are probably happy for him cause they are a tight knit group. The boys that aren't touching the title ever like Ryder or Dallas would be happy. But come on your telling me guys that are touching that glass don't have green eyes? It's one thing to enjoy working with or respecting his talent but you aren't thinking I can carry that ball further? Come on brah.

· Banned
7,020 Posts
I would say it's bad that there's no jealousy but honestly, it doesn't matter, the company has the guys and gals it's going to push and that's it, it doesn't matter what you do, if you aren't in their plans for a push, you aren't getting one now matter how over you are

Exactly! Its predetermined. Your feelings are not going to change anything so the only thing you can do is be the best every night and hope for good things to come.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
It's like alot of these guys are just happy with the fame and money. There's no competition anymore, and everyone there just does what they're told.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,678 Posts
As a Roman fan, I'm happy for him, but as an Attitude Era fan, I miss the cutthroat environment that allowed multiple people to shine, because they refused to be stepped on. There should be a balance of both. I'm starting to believe the guys who say no one speaks up because they're scared. The Shield pulled creative control on everybody, even Cena, but when they split, they just said "YESSA MASSA!" like everyone else.

· Kill Steen Kill
687 Posts
:banderas

"humble" brag post :D

Nah, the roster seems very much close knit than the past talents. The egoes are way less than their predecessors and they just look like a good group.

I'm sure others may not like the lack of competitive edge that tends to breed from big egoes. But im sure it's nice to not always feel like you're going to get stabbed in the back.

· TEAM KICK!
11,135 Posts
This doesn't surprise me to be honest. Roman doesn't seem like a total douche, and from everything i've seen, nearly all the talent gets along with each other just fine.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.