Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24,483 Posts
I made peace awhile ago that LU was done. Even the hope of a TV special or something to wrap up all the stories doesn't even sound likely anymore.

It's a shame because LU for about 3 seasons was some of the most exciting and fresh wrestling I've ever seen. It made guys like Pentagon and Fenix stars. But I guess it just didn't have the structure around it to succeed long term.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I knew this would happen, wrestling shows ARE NOT tv shows

way to make wrestling look even more staged and phoney than it already was

too bad it didn't work as the backdoor pilot that AAA was hoping for, lets be honest, we could use another major promotion to help kill corporate America's hold on pro wrestling

·
The TNA IMPACT Wrestling Guru
217 Posts
Well, I hope El Rey Network signs IMPACT to a deal to air.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I knew this would happen, wrestling shows ARE NOT tv shows

way to make wrestling look even more staged and phoney than it already was

too bad it didn't work as the backdoor pilot that AAA was hoping for, lets be honest, we could use another major promotion to help kill corporate America's hold on pro wrestling
What? Wrestling is already dramatized as fuck, LU upping like that had nothing to do with them going down. Quite the opposite it's why they got as successful as they did because it was so anti-the norm for wrestling. It's the same reason the Broken Universe put TNA back on the map from their years long downward spiral (only for them to fuck it up again). I'm not entirely sure if that was your initial point, but if it was that's very wrong.

Well, I hope El Rey Network signs IMPACT to a deal to air.
Trading off TV deals to one another isn't how this works. And considering LU got better ratings than modern Impact I doubt they're interested. Also iirc El Rey owned part of Lucia Underground so...

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,535 Posts
This is very sad news to hear today, I really loved Lucha Underground from season 1 to 3. :(

Now we know why Ivelisse Velez was a loud to try out for NXT again. :lol

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
What? Wrestling is already dramatized as fuck, LU upping like that had nothing to do with them going down. .
I never said it did, I don't hold it against the Kinnikuman cartoon for not being real

there's drama and then there's all the "convenient" camera angles giving all "wresling is fake" snobs more ammunition to rob it of even more potential customers
Quite the opposite it's why they got as successful as they did because it was so anti-the norm for wrestling.
or maybe its because pro wrestling has gotten so bad that it made LU look like a million bucks

most of their guys were contracted to AAA so it had no guarantee of anything except an early grave

It's the same reason the Broken Universe put TNA back on the map from their years long downward spiral (only for them to fuck it up again).
everyone was waiting for those meth heads to screw the pooch again

I'm not entirely sure if that was your initial point, but if it was that's very wrong.
my point was that the plug was always in danger of being pulled since the beginning, just like WSX and LLUSA

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
I never said it did, I don't hold it against the Kinnikuman cartoon for not being real

there's drama and then there's all the "convenient" camera angles giving all "wresling is fake" snobs more ammunition to rob it of even more potential customers

or maybe its because pro wrestling has gotten so bad that it made LU look like a million bucks

most of their guys were contracted to AAA so it had no guarantee of anything except an early grave

everyone was waiting for those meth heads to screw the pooch again

my point was that the plug was always in danger of being pulled since the beginning, just like WSX and LLUSA
Glad you responded because we’re in agreement of a lot of this:lol.

·
Registered
996 Posts
What a shame. I was in love with LU Season 1-3. I loved Angelico and King Cuerno. Then everything went to shit. The storylines kept getting worse, concluding with that awful story with Cueto Jr. and all his BS. Then we learned how much of a disgusting human being Sexy Star really is. It just kept slowly dying since then.

I'll always have the memories of those incredible spots Angelico did, at least.

·
No Mercy
1,471 Posts
Very sad to hear. Season One/Two of LU is still some of the best TV of wrestling I've ever watched. They made stars out of the likes of Pentagon Jr. and Fenix, and gave a good spotlight on lucha libre. Alongside that, they weren't afraid to be different and try out crazy ideas, which made for good viewing. Rest in power.

·
HEADBANGA
22,462 Posts
It was a fun wrestling experiment while it lasted. For what its worth it added a telenova aspect of professional wrestling. It really merged absurd and engrossing storylines into pro wrestling.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Well given that everyone that was apart of that show moved to other promotions this was basically a given but still...I'm gutted. This show has honestly been the single best thing wrestling related ever since I got back into it a few years ago. It was different, fun, entertaining, and gave us memorable moments and matches to last a lifetime. There isn't anything like it in pro wrestling and probably won't ever be. One of a kind.

Rest in Power LU. Hopefully someday you can rise from the dead.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.